Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark_mcintosh5601

Leveling Question?

Mark McIntosh
9 years ago

Okay I killed my back yard because I couldn't stand how uneven it was. I moved into this home over 2 years ago, and the brick wall on the north (right) side is not even with the rest of the wall. I never thought much of it, but I'll explain why it may be important later.

I have a rectangular shaped yard. 4 Points labeled A-D.
A - B
C - D

Point D rises 16 inches to Point B
Point A rises 24 inches towards Point B
There is a gradual rise from Point C to D, but not much to speak of.

My original thought was to erase the rise between D and B to acheive my desired level, and have a gradual decline from Point B to A for drainage and runoff,

Now here is where the issue is. I already begun the grass removal/leveling process, but decided to hop onto my wall on the north side between points D and B. The yard next to mines is perfectly leveled, and by counting the bricks, I can see the whole lawn is leveled to the highest point on Point B.

Now I'm starting to think that if I bring point B down the depth of Point D, I could possibly bring that wall down.

Another option is to bring Point A to level of Point B, but then I would be able to see right over my neighbors fence on the other side, and that would require bringing in a lot of soil.

What are your thoughts?

Comments (3)