Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cal_00

Seeking advice on what to plant on NE corner. Looking for color.

Cal_00
10 years ago

Hi, first off I hope this is the correct place to post my question, if not I apologize and if you could direct me to the right place I'd really appreciate it.

I'm helping my father redo his landscape and wanted to start off by giving the front yard some color. As you can see from the picture, my father seems to like conifers more then any other plant/tree. The taller Dwarf Alberta Spruce that is in a red circle on the picture is the one we are looking to replace with something that can give out some nice color contrast. The location of the Alberta Spruce is directly on the NE side of the house. It only gets morning sun from sunrise to around 11:30A.M. He is very open to try other plants/trees. If you have any ideas to what I could plant there that won't get to tall (above 15') and that will work for the location and USDA zone 5B please let me know. I am at a loss as to what could go there but I'm in the dark when it comes to shade planting. Any advice and help woukd be very much appreciated.

A little info on the yard layout and soil:

- Clay Soil
- He does have a large Emperor 1 Japanese Maple in the front yard as well.
- Sun from sunrise to 11:30A.M

This post was edited by Cal_00 on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 14:10

Comments (2)