Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for Fenced backyard

Posted by marquiskissel1 Alabama (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 22:39

Hey everybody! I recently bought a house, and I could really use some suggestions for making the back yard look a little bit more put together.

I am willing to make major changes including removing those trees (I don't know what they are), reshaping the yard, adding pathways, focal points, whatever you guys think!

I tried to note what plants are there on the image below but they seem to be blurry so I will describe them here:

1) In the front the red lines are pointing to different clumps of daylilies and there are some annual flowers interspersed as well as some herbs on the left close to the wall.
2) On the left there is a red line pointing to a hydrangea which has some asiatic and oriental lilies in front of it.
3) Circled in red on the left near the fence are about 80 tall bearded Iris plants. Behind the iris is some ivy with daffodil bulbs planted throughout.
4) The red line in the back left corner is pointing to a single rose plant (not a climber or shrub).
5) The other red circle in the back is a group of Becky daisies.
6) The rest of the back fence to the right has lantana plants assuming they make it through the winter and hostas to the right of them. There are more daffodils and tulip bulbs planted along the right fence and beside the hostas.
7) It is hard to see in the picture but all along the grass between it and the beds is a single row of flagstones as a divider.

In case the image doesn't post or it is hard to see you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx_b2XROCSioMmIxY2FhMzYtNTI2OS00MmJmLWI3NzktMjNmZjgxNDExZjM5

and one that isn't marked up here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx_b2XROCSioZDlmOWEzYTctMjM4OC00NGYyLWFhNWQtNTg3ZGRlNGY4YTAz&hl=en_US

Preview image of file

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for Fenced backyard

marquiskissel1, unfortunately your image doesn't show up, and neither url is accessible to me.

If the image is on your hard drive or in your email, you may be able to see it, but we won't be able to.

I've never used Google's Documents, so I can't help with why those addresses don't work. Perhaps you have to specify particular Google Documents members who would be allowed to view the items?

For a graphic to show up in a post on this forum, it must show up in Preview. So when you go to Preview, what you see there is what the final post will look like. [But again, if the graphic is on your hard drive or in your email, it may show up in the Preview anyway, but still not in the final post (or you may be able to see it in the final post, but not the rest of us).]

Similarly, a link must be clickable in Preview or it won't work in the final post. Always click on the link in Preview to be sure it works -- a link with a typo will look fine, but won't take you to the desired page (BTDT).

If you're not sure how to use the proper kind of html to code a clickable link (my Firefox add-on calls it xhtml), you can enter the link in the "Optional Link URL" box; you'll need to give the link a name -- it can be a descriptive name (Photo #1; Daylilies; etc.) or simply the url itself. Unfortunately you're limited to one link per post.

Or if you can post a url we can access, I can make it a clickable link.

Perhaps you could open a free Photobucket account and post the image there? Here are directions for posting from Photobucket:
How to upload from Photobucket

Good luck!

o
RE: Ideas for Fenced backyard

Sorry about that! Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will work:

Back Yard

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Photo in case too small

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here