Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nursetammi

Beautiful view in the front, need help with the back

nursetammi
9 years ago

We have a house in the North Georgia mountains. We just finished painting it and are ready to do a little planting and would love your suggestions.
Here is the view from the back of the house
{{gwi:53735}}
The view is off the back deck
{{gwi:53736}}
Here is the front where I need help
{{gwi:53737}}
and the side{{gwi:53738}}

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    9 years ago

It would help a lot to provide a WIDE view. If you would return to the exact same place where the third picture was taken and PAN the camera leftward, adding overlapping shots of the yard, it would help us see the whole picture at once. Depending on what you're after, you might make a similar series of photos while standing at center of each house face (on the porch and between the AC units) and taking panning shots that link the whole scene. Each shot in a series should overlap slightly. It would also help to state some of your objectives. Are you trying to provide some shade for the deck? What else?

• nandina
    9 years ago

Question?....Is this a second home? And, is this new construction or an older house re energized?

• nursetammi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes it is a second home Nandina. When I go back I will take the right pictures for you .Thanks for the suggestion Yardvaark. I've taken so many pictures of the lake and mountain view and not of the front side of the house. Thank you for your help so far, I will post in a couple of weeks with better pics. We are in a very natural section with no other homes close by, I am really looking for suggestions how to landscape the front, sides and up the driveway. The house is pretty plain to me and I know landscaping will help tremendously. I will really appreciate all your ideas when I get you the right pics.

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    9 years ago

We also need to know what direction the front faces, i.e. N, S, E, W.

• catkim
    9 years ago

Second home -- do you go there because you want to work in the garden, or because you want to relax, or other?

• nursetammi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Catkim, too funny because, of course, the main reason for buying the mountain home was to have a place to get away and relax but we have had it for 2 years now and every weekend we have been there we have worked.... so its difficult to answer your question, I guess we love doing both. But I will say I just want to get it all done, make it beautiful and then just enjoy it. Its beautiful already with that view but the unfinished landscape always bothers me.

I will be there this weekend and get all the right shots for you guys....thanks for being so patient :) I can't wait to hear your ideas, then you'll all have to come for a weekend :)

Laceyvail, thanks I will let you know all the directions too.