65*F

Arizonans turn on the heat.

People in Manitoba plant gardens.

60*F

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

People in Manitoba sun bathe.

50*F

Italian & English cars won't start.

People in Manitoba drive with the windows down..

40*F

Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.

People in Manitoba throw on a flannel shirt over their shorts and sandals

35*F

New York landlords finally turn up the heat.

People in Manitoba have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20*F

People in Miami all die.

Manitobans close the windows.

0*F

Californians fly away to Mexico ..

People in Manitoba get out their winter coats.

-10*F

Hollywood disintegrates.

The Girl Scouts in Manitoba sell cookies door to door.

-20*F

Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.).

People in Manitoba finally let the dogs sleep indoors.

-30*F

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Manitobans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.

-40*F

ALL atomic motion stops.

People in Manitoba start saying..."Nippy, eh?".

-50*F

Hell freezes over.

Manitoba public schools will open 2 hours late.

...The scary thing is that THIS IS ALL TRUE!!!

But what more can I say? I'm Canadian :)

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    12 years ago

Hah! I know it's true. When I moved to south Texas near the Mexican border I laughed when I saw my next door neighbor in ski cap, winter jacket and mittens... it was 67*! Two years later, I was just like her! I think 73* is chilly.

• catkim
    12 years ago

In Hawaii, they are having a cold spell right now because it's been raining so much -- close to 50 inches now for November and December! The lows have been around 66* and the highs have only been around 73*. On the Big Island homes are built without heating or air conditioning. You Canadians are tough!

• bahia
    12 years ago

Adrienne, it is all too true, I know I certainly start shivering at 60F, especially if that's the temperature indoors as I sit at the computer. On the other hand, 0F, that is a temperature that most Californians living anywhere except above 6000 foot elevation in the Sierra Nevada mountains are never going to see. I can't understand how so many people remain living so far north with such long winters! Give me the heat any day, I even managed to survive 125F degree days while living/working in Saudi Arabia. It put it in perspective for me, anything below 115F was just a nice day... Now below 30F, that is just too damned cold, or maybe for the week of skiing up at Lake Tahoe, I'll tolerate it.

• missingtheobvious
    12 years ago

When I was in junior high we lived in Menlo Park (south of San Francisco) and weatherwise, we were tough.

A school friend loved her Bernardo sandals and wore them year-round. (My mother wouldn't have let me get away with that.)

Other friends might wear shoes on cold winter days, but not socks.

On Sunday mornings, my parents slept in, but my brother and I wanted the newspaper. We figured a brief dash out to the driveway didn't require changing out of our pajamas, and even the rare times there was frost, didn't bother to put on robes or slippers.

A year later we were living in Connecticut, and I had discovered that winter weather could occur any time from September to April, and when I'd dressed in winter clothes, a heavy coat, etc., I was still cold and there weren't any more clothes to put on.

• gottagarden
    12 years ago

Loved it! Near Buffalo here and have been working outside and loving it in all these 30+ degree days.

• drtygrl
    12 years ago

I have seen that same thing for New Hampshire as opposed to Manitoba. It really is true, we haven't had any truly cold weather yet and my husband is still wearing flip flops. We grill outside all year round, even when you have to shovel or snowblow to get to the grill and crack the ice off the cover. My husband was outside in the snow grilling asparagus for our christmas eve dinner, in his flip flops.

My favorite one is the girl scouts selling cookies door to door, and the two hour delay - so true!. LOL!

• adriennemb2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mmmm, asparagus on the grill...

I personally find cold weather invigorating, warm weather totally enervating and rather sickening, especially when it's humid. Yup, I'm a wuss - I rather envy all these sultry people who can forgo air-conditioning and even thrive in temperatures hot enough to melt candle wax. Maybe though it wouldn't be so bad though if locally, our temperature didn't seesaw between -40*C to +40*C every 6 months.

• louisianagal
    12 years ago

I think I will send this to my dtr-in-law. We all live in north Mississippi now but she's from Alaska and I'm from New Orleans and that sure sounds just like each of us!

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals