Return to the Landscape Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Season's greetings to all on the forum

Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 18:21

We're often not that traditional in the Christmas traditions here in the Bay Area, but I thought this scene had enough red and green in the photo to sort of qualify. If we can't exactly afford to travel for the holidays anymore with the economy as it is for many of us, may the garden bring solace... Sitting or walking through this garden at any season always brought me a bit of serenity.

Best wishes to all for the new year!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Christmas eve garden in Berkeley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Season's greetings to all on the forum

• Posted by catkim San Diego 10/24 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 24, 11 at 21:19

Merry Christmas to you, David! Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy holiday season and new year. Some reds and greens to mark the season.
Cheers,
Kim

Photobucket

o

Best Wishes of the Season to All...and maybe a little snow for me and Woody as well :)

o

Season's Greeting to you David - you'd be apalled at the look of things here! :-) A green Christmas certainly means something different where you are than it does here! It's +5C (41F) here and no snow in the 5-day forecast. (Did you get any snow Adrienne?) Definitely a 'green' Christmas: 'green' = soggy green + brown... But I still see the ghost of the garden and look forward to its return in spring, so its resting phase doesn't bother me much. Santa brought lots of reading material to cocoon with, including a book on Fallingwater; a place the idea of which has always fascinated me, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it when the holiday activities wind down and there's time for reading.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Joyous Festivus.

From bromeliad 2011

o

With all the visits done now I can take a moment to breathe and also sincerely wish everyone a merry Christmas! Thank you for the lovely pictures, from the land where we have as many words for "grey" as the Inuit do (I've heard) for "snow."

Karin L

o

All the best to all of you, it's as green here as there, and stormy too!

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 26, 11 at 23:00

All the best to everyone as well, and I'm sure the Californians posting here are intentionally trying to create climate envy,(well, maybe just a little...), but we do get winter here as well. I am definitely envious of Kim's San Diego right by the bay/ocean climate, where she can grow those colorful Crotons year round outdoors,(or was that your garden on the Big Island of Hawaii?)

I love them for that dazzling foliage color, but have learned to use them as a summer foliage annual, to toss at the end of the season and start fresh with new greenhouse grown plants in early summer. The season for this croton was over about a week ago, as the night temps starting dropping below 40F...

Here is a link that might be useful: Croton, your days of glory are nearly over...

o

I am a little late on my holiday greetings - but happy holidays everyone!
We got a surprise snow storm the night before christmas eve with about 6 inches of snow. So a surprise white christmas for us. On Christmas Day there were beautiful huge snowflakes falling all morning with no accumulation - perfect.
But I do have climate envy, california...

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Landscape Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here