Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideasshare

re betty

ideasshare
15 years ago

hello everybody,I have read Betty"s email---------

This message originated at GardenWeb]

Thank you for your response, the landscape ideas are very good.

The yard you have illustrated so wonderfully for is our backyard.

The yard that I am currently interested in for ideas is my daughter's house.

Please find a picture for her house and yard in the Gallery section of the landscape design forum.

I didn't know how to post on the discussion forum.

Thank you kindly,

Betty

sorry,i cant find her daughter house pic in the Gallery section of the landscape design forum.

who help us post her dauter house pic here?thanks,

Comments (14)

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

is that pic? wait some time please

{{gwi:55051}}

Here is a link that might be useful: other ideas

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:55053}}

{{gwi:55055}}

{{gwi:55056}}

{{gwi:55057}}

{{gwi:55058}}

{{gwi:55059}}

• deviant-duhziner
    15 years ago

I like # 4 the best.
    There is something Candy Land about it that makes this cozy little cottage look
    happy.
    Can't you just see Dorothy in her checker board red printed dress skipping around the circular path followed by
    Toto who just leaped out of her wicker picnic basket ?

This design has cotton candy vibes.

Love it !

• duluthinbloomz4
    15 years ago

With such an embarrassment of riches, I just can't make up my mind, but I do see a "follow the yellow marigold road" sort of thing going on with #4.

Once the wooden hanger for the "for sale"sign comes down, that's not too bad a space in which to do something. Something basic and simple like a grouping of conifers or a nice flowering ornamental tree out in the lawn to break up the white siding - as well as redirecting the eye from the topper truck (perhaps not a permanent fixture) in the neighboring driveway and the grey house (permanent fixture) looming in the background. In a less is more vein, a graceful flowering shrub between the steps and downspout.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

I'm curiours about ideasshare. I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere along the line - you are clearly interested in garden design in some way. I'm not sure if it's a personal interest or whether you are a student of ornamental horticulture/design of some sort in China...? The mock-ups you post are somewhat odd in comparison to what is usual around here. Are your mock-ups presenting things that are common in Chinese domestic landscapes? I would be interested in seeing what the average home in China's garden looks like - can you, on a seperate thread, post photos and tell us what a Chinese home's garden looks like? That, to me, would make for a more interesting discussion than the mock-ups you do. (Sorry Betty for hijacking the thread... I've been curious about these odd and vivid pictures that have been appearing lately...)

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi deviant,duluthinbloomz,woodyoak.
    thank your some interest,i add other some ideas again.dont hope bother you.
    Most chinese in china are poor,havnt garden.my house is small, only plant 5 trees,some shrub in our

house.but chinese style garden have 5000 years history.
    I enjoy study some garden ideas in GardenWeb.com,but there are some different in my feeling,I can

control arbor grow in my experience by dirt thick rate,but some people didnt agree.
    I love west multi-culture,hope go New York as student,study garden design.my father have given me

some money.last year,my IELTS grade is 5.5,January 20,2009,I will take an examination of TELTS.

{{gwi:55060}}

{{gwi:55061}}

{{gwi:55062}}

{{gwi:55063}}

{{gwi:55064}}

{{gwi:55065}}

{{gwi:55066}}

{{gwi:55067}}

{{gwi:55068}}

{{gwi:55069}}

Here is a link that might be useful: other ideas

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:55070}}

{{gwi:55071}}

{{gwi:55072}}

{{gwi:55073}}

{{gwi:55074}}

{{gwi:55075}}

{{gwi:55076}}

{{gwi:55077}}

Here is a link that might be useful: share other some ideas again

15 years ago

I wondered about that re how much garden room people would have, especially in urban areas. What part of China are you from? Rural or urban? It's such a big country, gardening conditions would be considerably different from place to place. Are there more/any gardens in rural areas or is all available land used for practical things like food crops? China does have that history of gardening but it is not as well known here as Japanese-style gardening, and certainly many of the beautiful plants grown in our gardens originated in China. If private gardens are not common, are there public gardens instead? What trees and shrubs do you grow? What is on your arbour?

• deviant-duhziner
    15 years ago

To ideasshare,
    You are showing great imagination in your landscape design charettes and your computer illustrations skills are quite admirable.

I wish you the very best of luck when you travel from China to New York to further your studies in garden design.
    If you have a chance to travel to the San Francisco Bay area in Northern California I think you will find a wealth of information and education on garden design.
    There is a wonderfully large Asian population in this area with extensive arts and cultural activities that occur on a daily basis.

I currently have a project being built in a predominately Chinese section of the city and have been enjoying and exploring new Asian art galleries, book stores, restaurants, museums and some old favorite gardens and Asian garden supply stores after I finish my my job site tasks.

http://deviantdeziner.blogspot.com/2008/12/san-francisco-japanese-tea-garden.html

http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/

http://www.asianart.org/

http://www.c-c-c.org/

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,woodyoak
    Japanese-style belong china garden in history, but ther are very much new tech(i must study).I

live in west-south part in china,belong tropic zone.there are most trees,shrub,flower kinds in

china by import and export now.
    my home is in Xichang, suggest you to visit here,that place have nice public garden,lake, famous

mountain,many Yi,Han,Miao nations culture,building,is one of china"s famous scenic spot.

Hi,deviant-duhziner,thank your good words.
    I know the San Francisco Bay area,but havnt friend.I hope to become your assistant.I need more

experience.I design something by 3dsmax,maya,photoshop,cad.I try do something,give me some

chance,please.
    hop you lik,here is some chinese-style pic:

{{gwi:55078}}

{{gwi:55079}}

{{gwi:55080}}

{{gwi:7366}}

{{gwi:55081}}

{{gwi:55082}}

{{gwi:55083}}

{{gwi:55084}}

Here is a link that might be useful: share other some ideas

15 years ago

I was somewhat aware that Japanese-style gardens have their roots in the Chinese Scholar's garden tradition. There's a nice Scholar's Garden in Vancouver in Canada (I live in Canada.) Although I don't live on the west coast where that garden is, I used to visit there often and have been to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen garden.

Thanks for the pictures. I particularly liked the balcony with the plants growing between the stones on the wall! Is it common to find the patterned beds of flowers like the picture you included above? Your computer images seem to use that sort of idea a lot so I wondered if that was a common sort of planting there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Sun Yat-Sen garden

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It only is some ideas in the conputer that the patterned beds of flowers like the picture my included above.
    I only explain what i understand chinese-style garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: share other some ideas

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Spring is coming,hope anyone post yard,balcony...pics here,
    share my some ideas.

Here is a link that might be useful: some ideas

• ideasshare
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:55085}}

{{gwi:55086}}