Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back on GW, looking for past traders

Posted by hibrick Z8 HoustonTX (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 06 at 2:35

I'm back to doing limited GW trading again, after a tough year in 2005 forced me to stop for awhile.

Personal & family illness, and then Katrina & Rita last summer, all made life (and our work) just a little bit too-interesting. A neighbor's tree falling across our yard & greenhouse during Rita didn't help at all.

I believe that I've taken care of all but two trades from last year, and those are Northeners who are on my list to ship-to when Spring comes around up there.

Anyway, as I corresponded with dozens of people last year, it is possible that someone may have been missed. In the event that there is ANYONE whom I have not contacted, and still owe plants to.. then please send me a private email and I'll be sure to take care of that ASAP.

I ALWAYS make good on my promises, but sometimes "Stuff Happens". It has taken us quite awhile to get back to having any kind of "semi-normal" routine.

One GW lesson that I've learned is to trade slowly, with never more than one or two trades in-progress at a time. Otherwise, it is far too easy to lose track of correspondence, as well as both incoming and outgoing parcels. And when the "sky starts falling", it is difficult to cope with a large number of orders.

There are also at least three trades that I never received, but I certainly understand that others also have "unavoidable circumstances" in their lives. I just hope that those traders are personally healthy & OK. Several million people were forced to temporarily relocate throughout the South last year, and over a million moved permanently. I'm just surpised that there was not a whole lot more disruption of GW trades & correspondence.

Thanks to all, for the trades & many new friends, last Winter & Spring.

HibRick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back on GW, looking for past traders

Hope you found them.

o

Hi Rick,
I did not forget you even though you told me I owed you nothing...YES I DID, you sent me so many shamrocks it was not even funny, I will make sure you & your wife have more of my Daylilies. I am so glad to see you back on what we have left of GW... Talk to you soon.. :)Anita

o

Good to see some famliar faces here. Seems like everyone is gone lurking or just plain old hiding.

o

W/B Rick. We traded last year but I can't remember what. I could do so searching thru my old records if ya want. I've just recently got back on GW myself...about 10 days or so now. *Sigh of contentment*...finally home again. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here