Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Links in the new Rate and Review Vendor Forum??

I was surfing over there, and found it was hard to find/get to the many sites that were rated so well.

When one does a review might it be a good idea to provide a link to the 'Home' Page if it is an on line vendor.

2 that come to mind are Specialty Perennials...I did a search for them and found their web addy was hardyplants.com (I think)

I also looked at vendor name MOMI from Hawaii and couldn't even find it when Googling.

If anyone is not familiar (maybe) with posting a link, feel free to ask here, and I will be glad to help.

I recently did a review on a vendor and could/should have posted a link, but I did not even think of it at the time.

What ch'all think?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: American Meadows-a vendor I reviewed

Comments (4)

• woodenzoo
    17 years ago

Sue,
    I think you have a very good point.
    Why not also post this in 'Conversations' at the Rate and Review Vendors forum?
    And perhaps give step by step instructions on how to post a link?

It really is easy to add links using the 'Optional Link URL' that GW has and it was one of the first things I thought to do when I posted my one and only rating of a company that I highly recommend. I want everyone to know about them so wanted to be sure to make it easy for everyone to find them.
    Perhaps we can eventually get a FAQ's for the forum and include this info.
    Cathy (See one of my favorites below! :) )

Here is a link that might be useful: The Pumpkin Nook

• jaceysgranny
    17 years ago

I agree that it is easy and would really help. As ya'll have noted sometimes the website isn't the same name as the business and a lot of times the business has changed names but some of us will not know that and won't be able to find it looking for the old way. That would be a great help. It could even lead to more advertising money for GW.

Nancy

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The instructions to include a handy clickable link to the vendor are below.

1. First detail your experience with the vendor.
    2. Click Preview Message
    3. View your message, and make any corrections.
    4. Open the site of the vendor in another window or tab
    5. Go to the window or tab of the site, and place the cursor over the URL (address of the site), right click-the URL will then be highlighted....left click on copy
    6. Go back to your message preview window, hover cursor over the Optional Link URL box and right click .... Then left click paste
    7. In the Name of the Link box type the Vendor's name
    8. Hit Preview once again...you will then be able to test your link to see for sure that it works.
    9. If all is well, click submit

And perhaps give step by step instructions on how to post a link?

I am insecure (and computer challenged as well)..

I know that sounds complicated, but so often things are really oversimplified, and of no value to someone who doesn't know about copying and pasting...I can remember not knowing how at one point.

Anyone have suggestions? Want to rewrite? Start over?

Is copying and pasting maybe different with different OS or browsers? I think some folks like to use a control button when copying...have never done that b4.

• woodenzoo
    17 years ago

Sue,
    I think you did a wonderful job!
    You are so correct in saying that it sounds more complicated than it is! As far as I know, copying and pasting is the same for all browsers.
    To copy and paste using the control button, you just highlight, hit the control button plus 'c' to copy and then right click where you want it and hit control plus 'v'.
    For those that need help with things like this, a quick search for "How to copy and paste" pulls up lots of options including the following easy-to-follow site.

Thanks for putting the instructions together!
    Cathy (Who would have run on and on and made it impossible to understand if I'd have done it! ;) )

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Copy and Paste

Sponsored