Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: suggestions of 'too good to miss' garden centers.

Posted by beth_b_kodiak ak zone 1 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 14:02

It is looking like I'll be making one last trip cross country this spring/summer. The route is unplanned at this time and may go across the northern states from MT to MD. That is what I usually do. OR, I might go south along the rockies and then head east from NM. The deciding factor will probably be if I leave here in late May or later in early July.
I'm interested in getting small potted plants as I go. Mostly house plants but I often can't resist out door plants either. If you have a very favorite garden center or nursery, someplace that is worth a "couple hours out of the way" please let me know the name and location.
I'll enjoy checking on the maps and seeing if I can fit them into one route or the other. Thanks for sharing. BB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: suggestions of 'too good to miss' garden centers.

Hi Beth
I don't know where in MD you'll be, but this place is in the Lancaster area of PA. Go to the Lititz location, it's the biggest.
http://esbenshades.com/
Pam

o

Wow, Pam their website certainly looks good. I'm thinking that I'll combine a visit there with a fall pilgrimage to Fairweather Gardens in NJ. I have brother in NJ and one in Bucks county PA so I could go for a weekend and visit too.
Thanks so much for the tip and the web link.

o

Where is Fairweather Gardens in NJ? I'm only a hour from the Deleware River border. If we go to Lancaster in the next few weeks, I'll get a better location on a Amish family owned greenhouse there too. It's on a farm on the back roads, but another great stop.
Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here