Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ubid.com plants?????

Posted by thurston midTN (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 11:39

This site just came up in a search - ubid.com when I was looking for some particular shrubs. Shipping isn't outrageous if they're not just sending little sticks.

Anyone have any dealings with them?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ubid.com plants?????

OK, I've been looking for pink and white wisteria for several years and several trades set up here never happened. So in a websearch I found both colors available at ubid.com. It's an auction and the bids start at $1. You have to watch the shipping costs. I ended up buying five of each color for $1 each and total per color was $19.31. They arrived a week and a half later, bare root wrapped in plastic wrap and in a plain plastic bag - but arrived safely, all green and showing signs of life. I heeled them in because I'm not ready to plant them yet and I believe all ten starts are alive and most have leaves (they range from about 6 inches to about 12 inches).

I bought one potted white wisteria several years ago from Home Depot for $20 or $25, and after three years it bloomed and was the common purple one. So if these end up being really white and pink, I got a bargain.

o

That's great to hear. I've been watching for a reply here, and now 'might' sometime in the future consider them as a source for some things.

I hope they bloom as expected for you.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Search yield for 'plants' at ubid.com

o

Just be careful of the shipping costs. If they sell something as a two-pack, they charge you shipping on EACH of them, even though both items come together.

o

Thanks for the warning. Shipping and handling charges are always a big consideration whenever I order anything off the net.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here