Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Anyone Trade Plants for Other Things?

Posted by happyseed 7 (smccoy54@verizon.net) on
Sat, Mar 1, 08 at 15:31

Hi Everyone, Does anyone trade plants for anything other than plants. I found one site but there doesn't seem to be anything going on. I read one ladies postings that stated she would like to trade for postcards of various places for plants but then lost the internet due to power failure. Lucky, I have also worked out a trade for plant stakes. Personally I don't have many plants right now and would love to do this. I apologize if I have posted to the wrong place but you don't learn if you don't ask. I would appreciate hearing from some of you. Thanks, Sonja (Happyseed)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Anyone Trade Plants for Other Things?

HI, I always am on the look-out for neat rocks (crystal, geodes, serpentine etc-and those flat rate boxes are So nice. I will be having daylilies to trade, also bits/pieces of other hardy perennials.
The trading wouldn't happen for a couple of months-we still have a few weeks of winter.
Heading to record of 90 inches of snow..yee ha

o

what things do you have to trade? I have a greenhouse full of herbs, perennials and annuals. I also have a few tropicals. I'll trade for growing/gardening things or books. I am looking for herbal crafts books. Let me know what you are looking for.
Gail

o

There is an exchange page for such trades. I will trade my plants for potting soil and Miracle Grow fertilizer which I always need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Exchange

o

Hi,
I have traded for a lot of different things for my plants.
Plant markers,books,pots,tags.. I am looking for named daylilies all the time so if you would like to trade for amything I have maybe we can trade -my list needs updating and we have snow here too in NY-again!

o

Personally I don't have many plants right now and would love to do this.
Happyseed,
I'm guessing that if you walked around your property a bit, that you would likely discover things to trade, even if it was just cuttings for other cuttings, or other things. If you are unsure of what you might have, you can post at the Name That Plant Forum. Those folks are good over there at naming things often from just a good description, though pics really do help, if you can provide them. They are a friendly bunch and have been helping me a great bit here lately.

Sue

o

I also will be willing to trade plants for other things, and they don't always have to be garden related. I've traded for fabric, aquarium supplies, candles, chimes, whatever. Mostly depends on what is being offered and what they want.

Gina

o

I'm game, i have gem stones, and novels, and bad dogs(just kidding about the dog-i think), interested in hardy zone 5, no day lillies or iris.
cath

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here