Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nixon14536

vacation with a plant theme?

nixon
18 years ago

i am taking some time off this summer and all i really want to do is either look at plants or buy them, i live in western ny, and it will be a car trip, any ideas? thanks cathleen

Comments (3)

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i might not have my bearings, but if you are close to niagra falls, the gardens along the main street are some of the most incredible i have seen.

then i found this:
    House and Garden Tour - On June 3rd & 4th the Landmark Society hosts its 36th annual House and Garden Tour in Brighton's Ambassador Drive to Pelham Road neighborhood. Tour guests will visit 9 beautiful homes in this exceptional early 20th century neighborhood. The tour runs from 10am - 4pm each day and features an optional luncheon at Pomodoro Grill and Wine Bar

and this:
    Like gardening? We are looking for volunteers to assist with the kitchen & herb garden at the Stone-Tolan House Museum. YouÂll work with Nancy Rosenberg, who has maintained this wonderful recreation of an early 19th century vegetable garden for many years. YouÂll learn about heritage varieties of vegetables and herbs, from planting and watering to weeding and harvest. Flexible hours. For details contact Tammy @ (585) 546-7029 x14 or tammy@landmarksociety.org

or this:
    Preview: Known as the Lilac City because of its gorgeous gardens, Rochester is also the place that gave us cameras, contact lenses, and copiers. The above description is an excerpt from "Fun With the Family in New York." Whether you're a first-time visitor or a long-time local resident, this chapter from the Fun With the Family Series will help you find fun and engaging activities that the entire family can enjoy at great destinations throughout the state, suitable for "kids" of all ages. This chapter includes Rochester

google is great, isn't it?

enjoy

maryanne/earthly

• remy_gw
    18 years ago

Hi Cathleen,
    I went to Hershey Gardens last summer. I really enjoyed going there.
    I also suggest asking over on the Upstate NY forum lots of western NYers stop by there. We are a good group: )
    You will probably get some good suggestions.
    Also, we have a great plant swap in the begining of June every year. In case you're interested, when you go to the Upstate NY forum click on exchanges. There are a few posts already about the swap at Gardenfrog's.
    Remy

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi Cathleen,
    I have a wonderful idea, You can come to my house again & help me weed everything, Sound good? Just kidding, with the way the weather has been I am WAY ahead of schedule, I might even have some time this summer doing something other than weeding, Maybe a fishing trip up your way...
    Have you been to Bourglums Iris Gardens up by Watkins? Dana has way more than Iris, I know you don't really care for Daylilies, but he started with them a few years ago, He also has lots of Hosta, Peonies & tons of other plants but only the Hosta, Peonies, Iris & Daylilies are for sale.
    Great to see you posting:)
    {{gwi:24643}}