Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

living alone-one of the perils...sigh

Don't you just hate it when the kitchen sink gets all clogged with mud and other misc plant material?...along with 2 or more kitchen work spaces having dirt/mud on them...and there is no one to blame it on? Sometimes kiddies sure would come in handy. I feel like, "Why clean it all up?" b4 I get done ...and does anyone ever really get 'done' during the plant trading season?

Then there is the perpetual fear of surprise visitors who might discover how I 'really' live, by stopping by unannounced...sigh. Now my closest friends are welcome anytime, as they really know me and what they might find as they have likely seen it all here at one time or another.

I am thankful that over the years I have mastered 'light' plumbing jobs, so a clogged drain is no biggie. Ideally it is nice out, daytime, and I can package plants on the tailgate of the truck...the perfect packaging place outside under the carport.

Does anyone else get in the same messes I seem to so often? Lets hear 'your' stories and concerns.

Sue...who had best get the kitchen cleaned up today (finally) and do packing outside...Woohoo!...perfect day.

Comments (4)

• chrizty
    15 years ago

LOL my tub gets like that when i give the house plants a shower, n my kitchen table has to be washed down twice from starting seeds inside or re-poting plants. im glad the weathers warmed up so i can do thhat outside now, n i do have kids n a hubs but it dont do no good blaiming them cause they all know its me :)

• wishnforspring
    15 years ago

Hey Sue..
    I solved the problem. I just bought one of those outdoor sinks that hooks up to your hose. It came from Bargain Outfitters and was only $50! No more dirt(ants,etc.) in my sink or on my counters after this weekend! Yea!
    It closes up and the spigot folds right into the sink for easy storage. I'm thinking maybe I'll be able to soak the plants roots I don't get to right away in it also. Easy installation,take it down in the winter to store and it's made of plastic like the kids outdoor toys.
    What do ya think??
    Lisa ;)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

(my kitchen table is still loaded with 2liter bottles, various piles of spilled soil, all my seed packets, and yes.. the wheelbarrow is still inside the house right next to my kitchen table. I don't think I'll ever be able to have company over til everything starts blooming! LOL

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

There was already too much stuff on the kitchen table so I took over the screened in porch that no-one but myself and the cats enjoyed anyway. Pretty soon I had empty seed pkgs and potting mix everywhere. And of course always had a kitty or two helping. So I purchased a small hobby GH and my hubby and I put that up. I moved all my trays of seedlings into the GH and the next day went out to check everything and everything was fried....WAAAAA. So I had to start over. Not everything was a waste, some I had moved outside to harden off so they were ok....yea!!!! Then I found the GW, made my day. Everyone is so nice and the treads are a hoot to boot! I don't work anymore as I am recovering from back surgery that was suppose to relieve the constant pain I have....It did'nt work....pain is worse...but the gardening and tending to the plants and seeing them thrive keeps me going. And I come from a long line of gardeners too. So thank you all for being here, God Bless You All
    Regina(ladygreensleeves)
    ps. the nick was given by my hubby one afternoon when he was asking what was for supper when his "ladygreensleeves" had a minute....lol.

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH