Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

What to do about trading issues, packaging trades.

girlsingardens
16 years ago

I recently set up a trade for some bulbs and sedums of mine for some different plants. Because we have been having such odd weather (blizzards and high winds and snow on the ground) I won't be able to send until Tuesday. I got my partners box in the mail today and there was dirt coming out of the box . I opened it up and the plants were all bare root ( to be expected) but were just bundled together in groups . Now one bundle did have a dried out, I assume that it was once wet single paper towel around it. Also the box was 1/4 full of plants and no padding around the plants so they were jostled and broken. The plants were all dried up and the roots were breaking off. I am trying to soak them to see if I can liven them up. Also the plants were not labeled as to which was which and with 6 different plants it is hard to tell which should have been what.

I have been away from shipping and trading plants for a while, but this was dissapointing. Is this normal for trades to arrive like they did? I always wrap the roots in wet paper towels and saran wrap, then newspaper and give them plenty of cushioning with news papers. I am not sure how to handle this one.

Stacie

Comments (5)

Sponsored