Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
about people that are trolling our forums.....

Posted by tina_2 zone8 tx (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 17:01

Hi - I just received a random email- from someone that said she found me on Garden Web. I, do not know the person
or how she found me. She asked, if I wanted to buy her plants. I told her, NO I do not buy plants and that Garden Web strictly forbids this. I asked , her not to contact me ever again. I was just wondering, if this has happened to anyone else? And,what would anyone else do in this
situation? I like to meet, fellow gardeners and trade plants, talk gardening and such. Listen to others experiences and share stories on our Forums. I just do not care for someone , out of the blue pulling a stunt like she did....
What do you think of someone like this? I can just imagine she is trolling our Forums looking for another member to bother. Thanks for letting me vent. I am, really mad.
Thanks - tina_2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: about people that are trolling our forums.....

Usually it's someone asking for free plants. Never ran across someone trying to sell them, but I imagine it 's only a matter of time. Just treat it as ordinary spam and delete it. I wouldn't start a conversation with her.
Pam

o

Hi - Thanks Pam , You are probably right.
I just needed to get that off my chest. tina

o

I to received a e-mail from someone selling plants and they had something that was on my wants list.I read it and deleted it.It didn't really bother me as I get random e-mails from people all the time wanting plants.

o

Over the years I have gotten similar emails or from folks who are not members wanting to trade. No thanks! If not a GW member then I don't care to trade.

Sue

o

Do you ask if they are members? I get emails too that don't look like they came through GW's system.
Pam

o

I get emails asking for plants and seeds quite often from people that aren't registered here but say they found me on GW. I just ignore them. I also get occasional emails from people trying to sell me farm/garden supplies which I just report as spam.

o

I don't think I've ever had someone emailing me to sell plants but I have had emails wanting to buy my plants. I just explained I didn't do mailorder.

I have another pet peeve...getting request on one of my post that is 4-weeks or older ...most specially if there was a large number of request when the post was first made.

Getting cranky in my old age I guess.*G*

P

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here