Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deleting Forum Posts?

Posted by livingdedgrrl z5 OH (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 08 at 1:40

I'm fairly new at actually posting in the forums, even though I've had a registered account here for about a year. Never did anything with it until now (because I didn't have much.)

The thread was Jewelweed, and the poster just said they wanted Jewelweed. To be sure, I posted asking "is that was Impatiens capensis, the cure for poison ivy itch?" All I was doing was clarifying that we were talking about the same plant because I have thousands upon thousands of them on my property that I was going to offer. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same plants, since this plant has many common names. I also was making sure (because of the common names) that this was the plant she wanted.

And when I went back today, my post was gone. Can someone tell me why it was deleted? I don't think I didn't anything wrong by asking what I asked. Someone else posted in there a little botany lesson about the plant without offering, but that post gets to stay...so now I'm confused.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deleting Forum Posts?

Hmmm........that is odd, I think sometimes it is an error that posts get deleted. There is still a post on there asking for plants for $.
I also think the "botany lesson" was in ans to your post.

Sue, what do you think?? :)

Vic

o

And when I went back today, my post was gone. Can someone tell me why it was deleted?

Like Vic, I'm thinking it may have been deleted in error. I 'think' when a post is pulled, GW 'usually' sends an email, telling you so...and a reference number...and ask that you email them if you have any questions about it...and it also states 'I think' that it could have been done in error/ I am trusting this to memory...from the last time I had a post pulled...

Now your reply there...I do think might get pulled...it should have maybe been directed to GW (Contact Us LINK at the bottom of any page) as opposed to mentioning it in the thread....sorry...

I did not see or remember your reply...or the 'botany
lesson'.

There is still a post on there asking for plants for $.
Yeah...there seems to be a good bit of that...folks not seeing. reading, or heeding the Special Instructions for Exchanges:-Please Read!

Feel free to help keep it bumped up to the top of page one...K?

Sue

o

Thank you for the follow ups. Last night, I even went back and read the rules of the exchange forums to make sure I wasn't the one who messed up and if I said something wrong by asking what she meant, but I didn't see anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here