Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much do you spend on your garden per year?

Posted by busdriver12 7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 08 at 11:11

Well lets see I spend $60 on a wooden wagon, $7 on 7 packs of perennial seeds at Dollar Tree, and yesterday I spend $27 at a greenhouse, $65 for mulch, $10 on 2 bags of potting soil, That's all I remember so far.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much do you spend on your garden per year?

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, May 6, 08 at 22:24

I am afraid to even think about it! OK, so far this week it's been a Hosta (Guacamole) for 9.99, 2 bags of Miracle grow potting soil for about 13.00, a pot of Purple Fountain Grass for 3.99, 2 miniature roses for 3.99 each, a little Japanese Maple for 15.00, a new Heuchera for 5.99, a Water Lily for my pond at 6.99, a few more fish and fish food about 12.00, and a bag of bloodmeal for 5.99.

I need to stay away from the garden centers!

Rhonda

o

nice wagon!!

i never thought i spent much till now, guess the lil things add up lol, i usualy only spent 40-50 on mail orders, i bought the mouse plant n b-looking glass from michiganbulb. im so hopin i get the mouse plant instead of another "sorry out of stock" i got last year,
about 16 or so on seeds, dont know how much on soil. about 30 on tradeing for shipping, n i havent gotten mulch or went to the hot house yet!!! lol

o

Yes...Nice Wagon!

I've never really kept track of it, but do think it might be interesting to see just how much (or how little) I spend on my healthy obsession I call hobby gardening.

This season (so far), it has been one small plant coop (cost-can't remember)
4 bales potting mix-$28 total
30 tomato plants-$5
Pepper plants-$4
2 shrubs...a variegated boxwood, and a new lilac (to add to my collection)...about $12 total

unknown amount on postage seeds trades
unknown amount on postage on plant trades...but so worth it for for what I receive in exchange. Yesterday I spent $12 on plant trade postage. I should figure up just what all I receive in return for that small investment. When trading, the digging, labeling, and packing of the boxes is the biggie...moreso than the actual cost, as it involves so much time to do it with great care and attention to packing them the best possible way.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here