Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

To my traders and plants for postage folks-dial-up woes

It has been very hit or miss getting on here for about a week, so that is why I am posting here for 'all' to hopefully maybe see/find.

I have rec in many wonderful trades...Thanks!...will write you more when emails are sending better.

If I owe you a trade, please know that I have not forgotten you, but instead have gotten a bit behind. (jeanne, jcgreenthumb, irishdescended, (you 3 are next) others (?) not completely finalized...or date set to plan to send.

If I owe you plants for postage already rec, please understand that I am a bit behind, and will send once I am caught up on getting actual 'trades' out...have not forgotten you. (sher03, john76, others....

A trip to use the computer at the library is 30-40 minutes round trip, so with gas as it is, I will only stop there in passing.

I will be in touch, or sending as soon as possible. Thanks for bearing with me. They 'say' trading is 'supposed' to be fun, but when I get behind, I start to get more than a little stressed. It's like, "What do I do first?"

Talk to you all later...I will attempt to keep you updated as much as I can with the ways things are.

Sue

Comments (5)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Still having intermittent phone line (dial-up) woes, but am happy to say that all of the above now have boxes heading their way...and you 'should' all get an email as well.

Be awatchin! and sorry I was a bit delayed.

Sue

• wishnforspring
    16 years ago

I sent you a email a couple of weeks ago. Isn't this dial-up just so wonderful-NOT!!!

Original Author
    16 years ago

I sent you a email a couple of weeks ago.

Lisa,
    I don't remember seeing or answering one. I know you are interested in daylilies, but for now I am trying to verify with certainty the names and labeling them....then I'll be all set up to do some late summer trades hopefully.

Isn't this dial-up just so wonderful-NOT!!!
    Yesterday I was able to make 2 posts and that was it. My line is so bad that I no longer even try to let it download to Incredimail. I have a reply in there I composed a week ago, that has not sent yet. On a really good day, I can get into Hotmail, and read some...and mostly delete what is not important without looking at it.

The local broadband co has me on the list to do a site evaluation, to see if they can get me service since extending some towers and adding some equipment. Worst case scenario, I will have a $500 50' pole set beside the house...if that is what it will take. I may just have to do myself a favor and pay through the nose for decent fast service.

I recently tried Wild Blue satellite service. What a disaster...out of service for 10 days out of the first 20. I'm returning the equipment, and I imagine it might go to a court battle over the 12 month contract I signed, which I do not intend to pay. They claimed to have tech support 24/7, but after waiting on hold for an hour, more than one with no answer, I did not consider they had 24/7 service.
    I was told it would take 10 days for a repairman to get here to fix 10 day old equipment under warranty. They clearly do not have the manpower in my area to maintain equipment in a timely fashion. Who wants internet service 50 percent of the time? Not me.

Sue

• penelope
    16 years ago

Sue,
    I'm on dial-up too. Oh, the joys of living in the country! I use Yahoo for my email and lately I've been getting some of them 2 days late. hum?? Maybe you should clean up your computer - I know ours gets slowed down by all the crap that gets downloaded - seems like there's an update on something everytime you turn the darn thing on.

DH's son wants to run ours somehow thru the cell service. We can't even use the cell phone in the house - not sure if that's a good ideal!!?!?

Penny

Original Author
    16 years ago

Update...The noisy phone line that was causing all the slowness and problem with the computer, finally just went totally out! Zip! Zilch!...nothin.

Soooo....hopefully once I get it reported, and they get it fixed, I'll get lucky and it will be a good clean noise free line.

It sure has been strange with no computer for almost a week, and no phone for almost 3 days. Kinda nice really...have gotten much done for a change.

I'm at the library, and it seems the woman at the computer next to me, cannot read silently to herself, but instead is sitting there mumbling. Sigh.

Penny,
    I sure don't see how that would ever work.

Sue...who'd just be happy with a good phone line and dial up