Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If maple tree sprouts were food......

Posted by sproutlinda 6b oh (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 08 at 14:41

If maple tree sprouts were food......i could end world hunger, with just the ones in my flower beds! it has been an awesome year for the bountiful helicopters, & all of the millions of elm tree sprouts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If maple tree sprouts were food......

LOL im having the same with my silver maple tree seeds. there every were, n growing every were! i just gave a few growing trees away to at friend. still need to dig up more i didnt notice growing in my taller plants from last year.

o

yes, it is amazing how proliferous they are! very determined little trees!

o

i know the feeling!! they are EVERYWHERE you dont want them to be!! that's for sure!! in my winter sowing containers, my 18 cell deep containers, man. these guys just go everywhere!! pretty little things, but i just don't want them there!! LOL

o

yes, I keep pulling them out, seems like a waste. Too bad my other plants do not reproduce like that! I will be plucking till next year!

o

i try to give them away. i was just talking to a lady who paid over 20 bucks for one maple tree! i told her i coulda gave her some for free!!
maybe we could pot them n sell them lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here