Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a trade tracker/organizer

Posted by ms_minnamouse 7a (My Page) on
Fri, May 8, 09 at 15:45

I know some of you guys make some, what with Excell or something. Anybody want to send me a file so I can use your design? I'm very unorganized. I'd like to start keeping a log of everything so I can have it all in one place.

Or a website that lets you input and store all this information would be even better. I know about Davesgarden and their trade tracker but I'm not a paying subscriber. It seems kind of silly to pay to be advertised to.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a trade tracker/organizer

Hi Mouse,

This Conversation side doesn't see much action. I think though that I have seen them mentioned or offered over at The Seed Exchange Conversation Side.

I don't go so far as to keep a log on my computer, but each trade gets assigned a transaction number, and then that number, and member name is then entered onto a paper log along with the date. I then do a printout of the Member's page I am trading with, and note what they are sending me, what I'm sending them, and any bonuses I think they may like. I also write their name and addy on the printout, to have handy while packing the trade. I then note on it when I mailed, when rec, they mailed (if known ) they rec-if known, note I have done a review, and if they did one for me. Once it is all complete, I file it numerically.

While emailing I put the transaction # -type of trade (seed/plant/sasbe) in the subject line along with their mem name, real first name, my mem name, and my first name.

The email subject line if we were doing a seed trade would be

#76-ST-ms_minnamouse-chemocurl/Sue

If my computer ever crashes, emails get deleted, or I am without service, I will still have info, and be able to make good on all transactions as all info will never be lost.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here