Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am being SCAMED

Posted by june_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 18:45

Please disreguard any email from jvance43@sbcglobal.net asking for money! Someone has gotten into my computer (X daughter-in-law I think) and has sent emails to a lot of people.
I have contacted my internet server and changed a lot of passwords. I hope this does the trick!
Anyone know how I can find out who is doing this? I want to prossecute the low down piece of crud!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am being SCAMED

Maybe if you contact your ISP they can get to the bottom of it. Good luck. I don't think anyone on GW will send money anyway since it's against the rules and some of us have been burned before even paying postage. We're pretty savvy and don't fall for many scams.

o

i just got a e-mail from a sarah j, through gw, seemed scamy to me lol, was a yahoo addy.

o

i just got a e-mail from a sarah j, through gw, seemed scamy to me lol, was a yahoo addy.
If someone email you via GW I 'think' their member name is in front of the email addy...not positive though.

Chrizty...could I ask that you maybe forward the email to me, if you don't mind? Please don't say too much here since it might be totally innocent, and maybe just someone who has not read the Special Instructions or something. Possibly they just need to get on board about what is acceptable and what isn't.

I'm still on dial-up and it is super slow, so it might be a day or so before I reply.

Sue...resident busy body

o

i forward it to ya sue :) i forgot to put a subject line in ugh

o

Ok...Here's the scoop on what Chrizty got.

She got an email via GW from a new member joined June 27, 08 named sarah0. All the email said was Discussion
Chrizty emailed her, and then sarah0 sent her a 419 scam...

scroll down to see the email from Miss Sarah Jones

I emailed GW via the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page, and said that sarah0 had joined just to email spam via GW.
I asked that chrizty forward the emails to gwtamara, that she can see the proof...the first one being via GW, and then the second one with the 419 scam.

I have no problem mentioning a members name under the circumstances. Sheesh!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: About 419 scams

o

Thanks for the info Sue!

o

n thanks for youur help sue!
i forward it n there investagating:)

o
RE:Well carp! !@#$!

That dang stupid sarah jones just sent me the same stupid email.

This is who it showed it was from: Sarah Jones (vanessa001kouma@yahoo.co.jp)

Is there any way to report something like this...like to Yahoo or someone? I wish folks like that would GET A LIFE!

o

i just put it in the spam button n then it says
"Thank you! Every message you report helps SpamGuard perform better."

sue they have a life, their just wasting it.
mine was sarah00jones@yahoo.cn
here ya go check out this link, you can send it to them

Here is a link that might be useful: yahoo abuse help

o

Sue, there is a way to report it to yahoo, I can't remember how, but if I find it I'll let ya know!

And THANKS for the big bold red letters!

Vic

o

i reported the one i got n got a message back saying
[copyed from e-mail from yahoo]

Hello,

This is an automated message regarding your recent request for Yahoo!
Mail Customer Care support. We have received your message and will
respond within the next 48 hours with an answer.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We look forward to helping you!

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Customer Care

**Please do not respond to this message as no one will receive it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here