Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

Don't come looking for me! LoL

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

I am not lost. Nor have I forgotten you!

The heat index here today was 107. Some places in Iowa was up to 121. YIKES!

It is just TOO HOT to be out. Nothing good could com eof being out, or digging in this weather. Dead plants, or dead me.

So, when this heatwave breaks, I will be out digging away.

Just don't think that I have forgotten you! I haven't :-)

Staying under the A/C until further notice.

(having thunderstorm and tornado warnings and watches at the moment :-()

Comments (12)

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

We had thunderstorms roll through last night and it dropped 20 degrees. So we are now in a cold front today....86 degrees. And the thunderstorms went all the way around us, so still no real rain in over a month.

• dustydigger
    17 years ago

Don't look for me either... I'm on my way to NancyAnn's A/C! lol Just kidding NA.

Stay cool ladies!

~Dusty~

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hi Tina, hang in there. When is the heat supposed to break? We are down to 80-85 today. Much nicer than the 98 deg we had yesterday.

Stay cool
    {{gwi:25963}}

• butterflychaser
    17 years ago

Down here in the south, we don't get a break til late Sept. The trick is to get out there early in the morning. I'm often in my garden by 6:30 or 7 a.m. and work till about 1 or 2 p.m. When you get out early, you acclimate to the temp as it rises. Our actual temps are over 100 during July and August, with a heat index that can be 115. My yard is full sun, so it's HOT and no where to hide.

Dusty, I do have the AC going full blast, and boy is it a shock when I come in from outside, especially since my clothes are drenched. That cold air and these wet clothes can sure cool you down fast. Come on over!

I have a friend in CA who gets hotter than I do. She works under a sprinkler all day to combat the heat. Have y'all tried that? I'm thinking I might. My clothes get drenched anyway.

NancyAnn

• dustydigger
    17 years ago

Did you cool down Tina? It's not as hot here now... it's the humidity that won't let up! August is going to be horrid!

NancyAnn, My Aunt lives where it gets hot hot.. the last time I was at her house... years ago mind you, she had a hose wrapping around the top of her deck.. like a soaker hose but I think the holes were smaller... anyhow... she left that on during the day and the misting was sure nice in that heat!

Maureen, I love the picture you have with your name on it... very beautiful!!

~Dusty~

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Heat is up yet. Gonna be in the ninties all weekend too. Is 91 out now. Finally got some desperately needed rain on Tuesday night.:)

Tina, Did you get any of my emails?

• dustydigger
    17 years ago

Heat and more heat here also! Is everyone staying cool? At least for the moment, the humidity is down so it makes the heat a lil more tolerable! I'm working on a wedding for tomm.. and it's going to be outdoors! Oh my!!

Tina, did you ever get any tornadoes? Luckily we get very very few here.

Stay cool everyone and have a great weekend!!

~Dusty~

• micke
    17 years ago

Tina,
    hope it cools down for you, it has been 100 or higher here for over a week (yuck!) your hostas are doing excellent however, you should see how much they have grown! thank you again for that trade, hope you get as much joy out of my end of the trade.
    micke

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Tina,
    Still waiting to hear back from you yet. If you sent me an email, I haven't gotten it. Hope everything is going well. ~Suzanne

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Tina,

Hope you have gotten everything worked out with all your traders. Now that it is September , almost October, the heat shouldn' be bothering you too much.

Stacie

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Well only thing I got was a nasty email. No packages.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If anyone wants to know what is REALLY going on here, please feel free to e-mail me at
    hummingbirddaisy@mchsi.com

Thanks, Tina

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor