Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflychaser

Nameless in Arkansas

butterflychaser
17 years ago

{{gwi:26107}}

This is my new kitty. And he needs a name. I can't just keep calling him Kitty-Kitty, altho he answers to that pretty well. He follows me all thru the house, unless my big polar bear dog gets in the way. He's still a bit shy around the big beast.

Anyway, as you'll notice, he's a half-breed, half black, half white. I love how his face is divided, like the yen-yang symbol. And I thought of calling him that, but it doesn't fit a cat I think. His feet, legs, chest and belly are all white. And his, back and tail are all black.

I thought of Romeo as he really loves to cuddle and rushes over some luvin anytime he can sneak around Sam.

I thought of calling him Munson, after my favorite daylily hybridizer, but "Here, Munson, Munson, Munson" just doesn't quite roll of the tongue too well.

His tail is about 3/4 the length it should be I think. I believe it was cut off. It also has two places on it where it zig zags sharply--very noticeable. He doesn't act afraid of people, took to me right off, but I first suspected abuse when I noticed his tail. I did think of calling him Zig Zag or Lightning due to the deformity. But I don't know. None of it sounds appropriate.

Anyone wanna name my new kitty? I named my samoyed canine Sam for Sam Elliott, one of my favorite actors, if that tells you how warped I am. LOL

NancyAnn

Comments (15)

• hedgwytch
    17 years ago

Hmmm....well, you could go with something like Oreo, Harley (like harlequin), Aiden (as in Aiden Quinn-nice eyes!), Morpheus or Morphius (either the god of dreams, or from the Matrix), or just Sylvester! LOL! Good luck and good for you!

HW

• dustydigger
    17 years ago

I am partial to Kitty! lol I had a Mamma Kitty once and a Kitty Butts.... if that tells you how warped I am! Nice looking Kitty NancyAnn!

~Dusty~

• butterflychaser
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HW, I like Oreo. I've added that to the list of possibilities. Someone suggested I run with a tuxedo theme since it looks like he's wearing one, so I could name him after some leading man in a tuxedo. I've always been partial to Clark Gable. So I could go with Gable or Rhett perhaps. I have a Sam Elliott, so why not a Clark Gable too? I don't know, I'm making a list of all possibilities. Zeus - God of Thunder - is also a possibility due to the lightning strike tail.

Kitty Butts--that's just too funy, DD!! I went to college with a lady who's real last name was Butts. She was going to get married and was so relieved to be changing her last name. Without a doubt, she was gonna take his name. LOL

N.

• mellen
    17 years ago

My sister had a kitty that she named Oreo, but she actually shortened it to 'Reo. We/I have a black and white cat, too, and her name is Kiki. We live in the country, and she just showed up at our front door. We think someone just dumped her off. Anyway, naturally she would come running when we called Kitty Kitty. After a week of that, I shortened it to Kiki. Just a couple more ideas for you.

Mellen

• hedgwytch
    17 years ago

Oooh! Rhett is a great name! So dapper! It kind of fits with the Romeo theme. My siamese is named SipSong (12 in Thai cause he has 12 front toes), but half the time I call him KiKi FouFou, cause we have a Bunny FouFou game we play. ;o) I think I shared waay too much on that one! LOL!

HW

• butterflychaser
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Mellen, I had a KhiKhi, a beautiful hemalayan cat like the one on Homeward Bound, and every bit as prissy and snobby too! She was adorable but she hated everyone but me. She always gave the illusion of being playful and begging for attention. She'd roll on her back in the floor as if asking someone to rub her belly. The minute you touched her, she'd claw, bite, hiss and run off. MEAN! LOL

A siamese with 12 toes? Do you think it has some Lynx in it? I believe they have 12 toes.

I've decided on Rhett Butler. My dashing new hero is Rhett Butler. I gave him some catnip last night and he was inlove. He rolled around with it for about an hour, until he shredded it into teeny tiny pieces. Adorable!!

Thanks for the suggestions! Y'all have been a big help.

NancyAnn

• hedgwytch
    17 years ago

Oh yay! What a perfect name for him! If you ask SipSong, he'd probably tell you he had Lynx! LOL! "The better to EAT you with!" ROFL! He's polydactyl, like a Hemingway cat. One of my favorite all-time authors!! Supposedly, all polydactyls in the US are descended from cats he had. His home in Key West is a sanctuary for Polys. I love polys and Siamese, so SipSong aka KiKi FouFou is the perfect cat for me!

Rhett is gorgeous, and he is lucky to have found you-and vice-versa! ;o)

Good luck and many happy years together!

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

HW

Here is a link that might be useful: Hemingway cats

• mellen
    17 years ago

Yes! I DO like the name that you picked. Sounds perfect!!! My Kiki is definitely MY cat, too. Kids and adults who come love to pet our animals, but when they want to pet her I tell them to do it at their own risk. She will take petting from "others" up to a point. Then she will scratch, hiss, and run away, too. You just NEVER know when that point will be reached. She has ALWAYS been that way. Don't know why, either. As I said, she was a dump off so something must have happened to her wherever she came from. The only thing she ever does to me is give a very tender nip or a hiss and take off. Go figure. Looking at the Hemingway cats, my cat looks like Trevor Howard. LOL

Enjoy your new member of the family!

Mellen

• wishnforspring
    17 years ago

I know I'm too late but I have a Figero(like in Pinnocchio) and he "talks" to me all the time. I just call him Figgers and he comes to that too! I love my black and white cat and have a tiger that is 15 yrs old and has been outside most of his life-not bad considering we have weird weather here-hot,cold(yes I let him come in in the Winter)
    BTW how did you get his picture on GW. I WANT TO PUT SOME OF MINE ON!! I can't get anyone to tell me how though.
    -- Congrats on Rhett he's a handsome kitty

• butterflychaser
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Lisa,

First you resize your pictures to something around 100KBs or less. Some people don't resize and then pictures are huge and you have do a lot of scrolling to see them. For folks on dialup, it can take forever for them to download.

Then go to www.Photobucket.com and upload your pictures there. When you view the album, underneath the pictures you'll see URLs. Go to the picture your want and copy its URL (the first string of letters under the picture).

Then wherever you want the picture to appear, you'll type:

When you type this in, leave out the space after . I had to put them in here so you'd get the HTML code. Where I have "your image URL here" copy the URL from photobucket in between the " ". You must leave the " " in there.

So to show you a picture of my Sam, the foreman of my Butterfly Ranch, I'd do this:

Of course that's to show you the HTML Code. I think here, since the line is so long, it breaks after img, but it's not a "return", it's just a space. The computer splits it up because the string is so long.

When I leave out the spaces around the signs, you then get the picture instead of the code:

{{gwi:26108}}

When you type it in here at GW, once you hit Preview, your picture will download in your Preview. That's how you know you did it right. If it doesn't work, you've left out a symbol or you've put in a space somewhere. The only space in the whole string is the space between img and src. Try it!! Show us your kitties.

• irisloverinillinois
    17 years ago

Hello,
    The cat looks pretty healthy for being a stray. Do you have other cats? If so may I suggest that you take him to your local vet to make sure he is not caring the feline leukemia virus because it would be a shame to infect your other babies. Your dog looks like quite a ham also, How old his he?

irisloverinillinois

• hedgwytch
    17 years ago

NancyAnn,

When I use my photobucket account, I just copy the tag line and then click and post wherever I want the picture. It seems easier than writing html...at least, maybe for those of us that are computer illiterate! ;o) Your way may be better, but mine sounds easier! LOL!

HW

• butterflychaser
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HW, the tag line doesn't seem to work on every site I visit. So I'm just in the habit of HTML.

Irislover, I don't have other cats. But I will carry him to the vet to be checked over and get his shots and deworming. And we'll discuss neutering him.

Y'all, I should have named him Tazmanian Devil! I swear, he needs some ritalin. I have had to bar him from my bedroom at night because he loves to rattle the blinds, at all hours of the night! During the day, he literally climbs the walls. I kid you not! My foyer is an area for displaying family photographs. They're all over the wall and on a cedar credenza there. He hops on the credenza and climbs the framed pictures on the walls!! This morning I got up and he had knocked magnets off the refrigerator! How'd he get over there??

He knocked over two ceramic pedastals I use for plant stands and broke those. He knocks everything off my big desk. So far, nothing has broken.

He loves to hop upon my computer desk when I'm here and eat my hair and slap my face. My arms are all scratched up because he bites and scratches anytime I try to pet him. He's not wild. He's just a playful, rambunctious kitten, not a mature cat. I figure he's 4 or 5 months old. He's a rascal!

He is putting on weight. He was so skinny when I got him that his hip bones showed. Just in a few days, he's filled out nicely and feels solid and acts happy.

And he's so grateful that I grow catnip.

{{gwi:26109}}

He rolls all over the place with it until it's in shreds. I need put some in a sock for him. That might be the answer to keeping him out of everything else. Tazmanian Devil would have been the perfect name for him! LOL

• dustydigger
    17 years ago

LOL!!! That's a great picture! Love the name you picked too! If my last name were Butts, I'd hurry and get married too... even if just for a week! lol

~Dusty~

• micke
    17 years ago

We had a cat that looked like yours (his name is Elroy- I didn't think it fit him but it was the name he had when we got him, so I didn't want to confuse him more by renaming him) The only problem is he weighs 30 pounds when he should weigh about 15. my brother has him now and he does the same thing to him, just try putting him on a diet! he will go outside and catch his dinner, you can't keep him in, he yowls and carries on, the same for when he decides it's time to come in. We used to laugh and laugh, when we lived on the farm he would come running across the field, and I swear he looked like a milk cow. I seen him the other day and now he looks like he has a mouse head on a cats body! best mouser (and ratter) we ever had though.
    micke

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals