Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I vent OT??? Feel free to join me!

Posted by hedgwytch 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 4, 06 at 9:59

I am new to listing on Ebay...I had a lady interested in some things I had, but she wanted to buy them in a lot. So, after about 10 emails back and forth, I listed some in a lot, specifically for her. I can't do "Buy It Now" because I'm so new. Long story short, after doing all that, and having detailed conversations with her about what I was listing, what the date was, emailing her as soon as I listed, she decides she doesn't want it. I LISTED IT JUST FOR HER!!! GRRRR!!!! And, it's not that it was too expensive...she decided it was the wrong year-when she knew and requested the year I listed!! It is soooo frustrating!

I just feel like I've invested all this time and energy and money for nothing! Kind of like when I get stiffed on plant trades, I guess. >sigh< I'm just a little irritated right now. Thanks for letting me vent. Sometimes you just need to get things off your chest. After all the things I have on there sell, or the time ends, I probably won't list anything else. It is too emotionally expensive for me! LOL!

Feel free to use this as a sounding block for anything that is irritating you right now!

Thanks for listening! I feel much better now!

HW

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I vent OT??? Feel free to join me!

Have you discovered www.ioffer.com? For cases such as you mentioned, you could list it on Ioffer for free. Then if she doesn't want it, you've lost nothing. Ioffer also gives you a store for free once you've listed two items. It's automatically set up for you. Ioffer isn't nearly as busy as Ebay. Few people know about it. But listing is free and the gallery pic is free as well as the store. You only pay a commission (5% I think) when you sell.

It's best to list a price a little higher than you want so you have some negotiating room. It's not an auction, like ebay. You state what you want and people make you an offer. Then they can lump several items together and make an offer on the whole lot.

Try it. You've got nothing to lose but a little time.

o

Don't let her get you down. Who knows, maybe someone else will bid on the listing. You never know what someone will be searching for.
Pam

o

Oooh! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the info!

Pam-I know! It's just so frustrating! I'll stick it out a little longer. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here