Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersandbirds4ever

will there be a page for good/bad trades

I would like to know cause i am new will there be a page for us to write good or bad trades

Comments (29)

• mellen
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

No, there will not be one. If you ever try it, you will be kicked off of GW. Actually, I've heard that you will be sent to the Disney website. Mellen

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No mellen I was asking if they plan on doing something soon or now future about good and bulbs trades.
    Because like us all postage our plants we are at a lost for.
    questions i need to get addressed this topic so I will know
    I am not planning to say anything about this just wanted to know.I guess when it happens we are out of a loss and it certainly isnt right.

• Mikey
    18 years ago

You may wish to make your concerns voiced on the Suggestions & Comments Forum. The GW is no longer being managed by Spike, who has moved on since iVillage took over the GW. Spike's iVillage replacement is someone name Josh and Josh introduces himself on this thread: Hello from iVillage

• emmy57tn
    18 years ago

Word gets around fast about scammers. Pretending to just join only to find out they only changed their names and state. I have gotten two e-mails this week with the scammer list from someone who is banned.
    emmy57tn

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

well I am moving does that mean me?Im in NH moving to Maine soon -our homeis almost done.
    Cause I just joined and this is first time on Gw.
    I know that I have sent several packages.
    and got great swaps back.sent a few i didnt receive back.No email etc when i have tried.
    I really dont think it is fair for others.
    Can we vent here -about what is going on-I understand about no names mentioned should be a Big black book!

• woodthrush
    18 years ago

Flowersandbirds4ever - I'm confused. You say you are new here, but weren't you trading here before as Ihatebugs?
    Pam

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No I am not ihatebug-that was a davis two
    My aunt who lives in Maine

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have something to say-if this gets me booted then I was not meant to be In this forum.
    For one think I am not ihatebugs,That was my aunt who lives in Maine real sick with liver probelms who doesnt trade here.She was Davis Too.
    I am from Rochester NH
    Moving to Maine -near my aunt we bought land there.
    Reason she got booted was cause humingbirddaisy said she didnt send her part of the trade-said my aunt owed her for peegee for computer work well tina's husband was suppost to meet meet my aunt online at 6-7 she went on 2 days
    He never did computer work for her.Tina left message and since they have work out there differences.
    My aunt came back to Gw -as ihatebugs cause it wasnt fair she left.reason she got booted went to disney-was plants for postage.
    she had to get rid of all her plants in greenhouse she couldnt take care of them.she she said plants for postage and was charging low price which was time doing up these boxes,supllies and plants.Well cause she sent out plants for a small cost she was booted-not from her not sending plants.If you have a issue with her.You can leave a message.If you never got boxes or have a issue I can relay messages to her.I am not ihatebugs-ok.Now i said my peace.

• Nigella
    18 years ago

Uhm, wow, can you imagine the harm that could be done with this kind of confusion if there was a good/bad trader list??????? I for one think this is an absolutely HORRIBLE idea.

• rose318
    18 years ago

It works on other trading site.

• lilaclily
    18 years ago

Margaret, glad to see you here and that you're okay!

I agree, why does it work on "that other site" with little to no problems?

• weebus
    18 years ago

Well cause she sent out plants for a small cost she was booted-not from her not sending plants.

HUH? She got Disneyed for not charging enough to send plants for postage?

• roblkey
    18 years ago

Actually, she was Disneyed for selling plants. She charged for her labor, boxes, etc...

Robin

• weebus
    18 years ago

Oh got it. I guess the free supplies from the PO wasn't available eh?

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No she got booted-cause quote
    She shared her garden,time,supplie stape,baggies -being sick wanting to find them homes.that doesnt matter to anyone anymore does it-what you can get for Free" does.
    plants where free postage wasnt.time wasnt bagies that sometime will cost you a dollar,papertowels doesnt.being so sick you cant stand up-cause your looking for a liver doesnt what matters in this world is what you can get out of another person right?
    That ok cause my aunt doesnt trade-she spends most of her time in bed waiting a liver-good one huh?

• roblkey
    18 years ago

Rosie, nobody said anything bad about your Aunt. It is a simple fact that GW has rules that we all have to follow. I am sorry she is sick, but she still broke the rule about no money involved in trading except the actual postage.

I have never asked for free anything on this site, neither has Weebus, so you might want to check your attitude. We didn't want people to think you get Disneyed for not sending enough money for postage. Everyone that trades have cost that they absorb, it is part of trading.

The sensible thing to do would be just sell the plants locally or give them to other people.

Robin

• catbirdsue
    18 years ago

There has been several insinuations against the other trader whom has had quite a deal of illness,death and hardships herself as of late.

These things always make me think of: "Those who live in glass houses should'nt throw stones"!

Just my thoughts

Cathy

• emmaelice
    18 years ago

I for one agree with eveyone here, you as a matter or fact I had a trade with you. You gave me it arrived short and sweet and I never received my end of a trade from you, does that mean you should be BLACK LISTED!!!! Think about it! Do not be casting stones before you look inside yourself first!!

Kathy

• roblkey
    18 years ago

Kathy, I am not sure whom you are referring to but, the pictures on your site are beautiful.

Robin

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kathy
    you emailed me your got your trade
    I saved in in my mail
    please write here that you did in fact receive your trade
    I dont want people to think i dont send my part rosie

• emmaelice
    18 years ago

Yes, Rosie I finally after 10 days did get your plant, and thank you, but now we all see that the idea of a black list of bad traders is not such a good idea!!!!!

Kathy

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I guess you are right Kathy thanks for your suggestion

• bruggirl100
    18 years ago

I think a bad trader's list is a bad idea. Not here, but on another site, I've had times when I couldn't get trades out on time, like when I had emergency surgery, and wasn't able to drive for weeks. Didn't have anyone to package and mail them for me. I finally got caught up when I recovered enough to work and had the money to mail them, but some took a long time, because I had to wait until spring. I tried to keep everyone informed of what was happening, but some people still put me on their private "bad traders" lists that are floating around the email circle. I got some really nasty emails about "constant excuses" and being a liar who didn't want to uphold her end of the bargain. That's why I don't trade much anymore, mostly do gifts and sase's for seeds. It's much easier that way.

Sometimes stuff happens, and you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. I had my end of a trade not arrive once, and I didn't have enough to replace it until the next year, but I sent it out then.

Also, I've been trading for two years with someone who was supposedly one of the worst "bad traders" on GW, and she's been very generous with me. I've never had a bad trade with her at all.

Some people get a bad rap. I'd rather see a "Thank You" list for good traders. That will tell us who the good ones are without hurting people unfairly in some cases.

• butterflychaser
    18 years ago

Bruggirl, I've found you to be quite generous. The gingers you sent me a couple years ago are still gracing my gardens and I think of you each time I walk by them.

NancyAnn

• Virginia
    18 years ago

Very interesting thread here. I've realized, belatedly, that some of the people that have offered irises for postage are actually selling them for a good profit. One of my trades for postage consisted of six very small, dry corms for $14.80. I was expecting a huge box for that price! I swallowed hard and promised myself not to fall for that scam again. But should I report that person to GW?
    Ginny

• weebus
    18 years ago

Please do.

• flowersandbirds4ever
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ginny-I never bought iris from you.I did get some from Gw from a girl who filled my box with daylilies iris peonies.
    So I never delt with you! So are you argeeing with good and bad trades.or stating about how you bought your iris?Rosie

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

Here we go again.....

Omar

• Nigella
    18 years ago

I've posted this before to illustrate the folly of a rating system, time to do it again:

HAVE: Update on gardenlady1's accident
    Posted by bizykatbird z7 NC 281 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 8:26

Vicki is in the hospital. She had a freak accident in March gathering up plants in her greenhouse. An electrical wire fell down from the cooling system in her greenhouse and she was electrocuted. Fortunately someone was there and called 911. Her heart had stopped but they were able to give her CPR and revive her. She was unconscious for 5 days. She can not walk or move, and has muscle damage in her right arm and leg. She will be in the hospital for at least 1-2 months longer. She will be going through testing and several surgeries to try to repair the damage, plus rehabilitation. Her cousin is trying to catch up on trades in progress. If you have Vicki's address, it would be nice to send her a card. She is very lucky to be alive, and needs all the support she can get to recover. Please pray for her.
    Kathy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow-Up Postings:

RE: HAVE: Update on gardenlady1's accident
    Posted by: heartwoman z5 OH (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 8:43

HI. I don't know who she is but will pray for her and would like to send a card if possible...even to the hospital. Please let me know how to get a card to her. Thank you and God bless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 8:53

I don't know Vicki but will keep her in my prayers, I would also like to send her a card does anyone have her address?
    LMK Shirley

Posted by: skatayama NJ-7 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 9:11

Oh MY!!!
    She certainly has my concern and best wishes.
    Is there someone close enough geographically that could receive cards/flowers etc for her that could take them to her every so often?
    I've never had a trade with her but have seen numerous posts by her.
    Sheila

Posted by: bizykatbird z7 NC 281 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 9:18

Her cousin is staying at her house taking care of things. I have her address, but I don't want to post it on the forum. I will email it privately to those who would like it.

Posted by: JORD729 z.7/8SC (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 10:08

All the best to Vicki and praying for a full and speedy recovery.
    You wouldn't think of a greenhouse as being a dangerous place :(
    LISA

Posted by: Vicki_H z5 West MI (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 10:48

Hi,
    Please send me Vicki's address. Wondered why I hadn't heard from her. Thank you very much.
    Vicki

Already have, thanks!
    Posted by: Vicki_H z5 West MI (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 10:51

Hi,
    I already have her address. Thanks anyway. I will be praying for her and her family. God Bless.
    Vicki

Posted by: LadyRosa z5b-6a/MO (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 11:04

I too would like Vicki's address so that I may send her a card. I will certainly keep her in my prayers.
    LadyRosa

Posted by: girlsaylorz9a 9a (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 12:56

I'll try and get a card out to Vicki asap. Thanks for letting us know about her accident. I feel so bad - we just traded a few weeks ago, and now she's not able to be in her garden. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.
    girlsaylor

Posted by: cherylk Z5-Cent IL (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 13:06

I don't think I've traded with Vicky, but would like her address to send her a card.
    Cheryl

Posted by: Patricia 9 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 13:14

Is this by chance Vickie Hodges?

Posted by: kathy_ann zone 7 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 13:45

I had a trade going on with her also, I have her address, Just new she was inthe hospital, I had no idea how severe, thanks so much for letting us know what's going on and how she is doing. She is lucky to be alive.
    kathy_ann

Posted by: KymmieAnn z6 NJ (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 13:50

Why do bad things happen to good people? I just can't understand it!!!
    I don't know her address and I do not have a trade with her, but please let her know I wish her a speedy recovery and I will pray for her!!
    ~Kymmie

Posted by: mlwgardener 7b NE MS (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 14:25

This was such a terrible accident! I have already said one prayer and will add her to my list. Please , if it's okay with her family, email us her address. I know she probably wouldn't want it post for the world to see, but in emails, only we could see it.
    I pray that God will use this terrible accident to bring Vicky and her family just that much closer to him. He will be the place for them to draw strength, hope and understanding.

Love to you all and remember, God loves us all so very much that he sent his son to die for us so that we might be saved! His Grace is the greatest comforter that I know, Mona

Posted by: SmokyMist 6TN (fai34@chartertn.net) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 14:35

I have never traded with her but would like to send her a card also. Can you email me the address ? What a horrible thing to happen to her.
    Cheryl

Posted by: puggybw (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 15:22

So no one finds it odd that she updated her trade page on 4/15 and that Lyuda arranged a trade with her on 4/9? She's just a busy little bee since she's been in the hospital.
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/exseed/msg041748071593.html?8

Posted by: Rabbittmoon z6 TN (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 16:07

Puggybw, Kathy aka Bizykatbird (her cousin) has moved into her home and sits with her at the hospital with a computer next to her hospital bed and acts as her hands for her.
    Which yes, might sound a little fishy if you read this:
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/explant/con041049531659.html?18502

Sadly, there has also been a greenhouse robbery. Vicki does not know about this because Kathy doesn't want her to worry.

In other words, be careful trading with people named Vicki in Clendenin, WV.

Posted by: dtpforu 7a NC (dtpforu@hotmail.com) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 16:14

I also don't know her, but if you will give me an address, I too will send a card. Bless her heart. We're keeping her in our prayers!

Posted by: puggybw (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 16:14

Well that certainly makes sense, but it seems funny that Kathy, the obviously close cousin had no idea what was wrong with her on 4/14.
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/explant/con041049531659.html?2
    ....and it seems a little funny that Kathy the close cousin, refers to herself in the third person, instead of as herself.
    Her cousin is staying at her house taking care of things.

But, I'm sure there's a logical explanation to the rest of it as well.

Posted by: DEWAYNESBABY 6 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 17:14

What greenhouse robbery?

Posted by: MARIE_GA z7b/8GA (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 17:54

Oh my goodness, she has had alot of bad luck lately. I still have a pending trade with her back from February, and she was hospitalized then too, and again a couple of weeks later when I asked about the owed plants. Poor, dear woman she has had a rough time. That is so scary!! She will be in my prayers also!

Posted by: Rabbittmoon z6 TN (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 18:38

I don't really know any details about the greenhouse robbery.
    Puggy - I noticed those too.

Posted by: bizykatbird z7 NC 281 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 19:43

OK, man this is getting ridiculous. I am not her cousin. My name is Kathy Webb, I live in NC. I have a trade pending with Vicki. Her cousin's name is also Kathy. She asked me if I would let people know what is going on. Her cousin Kathy is trying to help her with her trades, and is even taking a lap top computer with her when she visits her in the hospital,because she is so concerned traders will be mad at her. I think it is ashame that people are so supicious of other people.

Posted by: bestdeall 7 western NC (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 20:05

Well, IMHO, it seems some people might have a reason to be suspicious of her, especially if some traders have trades pending with her, since February, with no response back to them on her part. It would make me leary to trade with her.
    If all of this is legit, I wish her a speedy recovery and will add her to my prayer list.

Posted by: thomasfox Z5 MI (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 20:37

I sure would like to send a card, if someone can forward
    her address. Thanks, Tom

Posted by: aboo0328 8 ga (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 21:11

Gardenlady1 (Vickie) set up a large trade with me for Tropicals on April 6ed , now was that her cousin or her ? Before or after the accident?And if she has access to her trades why have i yet to receive a single email?

Posted by: elle_8b 8b FL (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 21:21

I got a messege from gardenlady1 on 4/18 trying to arrange a new trade. I don't think it is wise to try to arrange new trades while one is laying in the hospital for months. The cousin probably has enough on her hands taking care of the ill and her affairs. I will hold of on any trades until she recovers.

Posted by: DEWAYNESBABY 6 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 21:29

and the plot thickens.....

Posted by: Rabbittmoon z6 TN (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 21:36

bizykatbird, I apologize if I have confused you with Kathy the cousin.
    I am a person who gives the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, someone is actively updating her trade lists with all the seeds she recieves in trades and arranging new trades but are NOT sending any out. What are we suppose to think?

Posted by: shanefromvegas z4 NH (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 22:40

So much drama, I don't know who Vickie is or either of the "kathy's". But I assure you to aid in her recovery and ease burden on cousin Kathy I probably won't be sending plants or seeds to anyone named Vicky that lives east of the Mississippi.
    I apologise to the thousands of innocent Vicky's out there who will now be paying the price.
    Anyway when this becomes a made for T.V. movie can I play the paramedic who revives Vicky?

Posted by: kathy_ann zone 7 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 22:50

Good grief! Ok, Just what if this really did happen to her and we're all saying these things, posting these things, Let me say, I sent her a humungous trade costing l0.?? in postage, it was one of my bigger ones. I emailed her the other day and told her not to worry about sending my end. I hope her a speedy recovery and will not say negative things about her, Just because We need to give her the benifit of the doubt, And BTW, DOn't we all keep a bad traders list to our selves. I can only speak for myself, But If I should ever happen to have bad feelings towards vicki, I wouldn't be posting them here, I'd just add her to the list. And forget about it. Jeese, I sent her a tree for peets sakes. I got past it, and Low and behold another wonderful trader is sending me the same plants that vicki was going to trade. Seems kind of silly for us to accuse and then wish her well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anybetter than anyone else here, But I'm willing to let this trade slide by, and concentrate on the others. I don't say this to offend any one So please don't take this the wrong way.

Posted by: jaceysgranny 7aAR (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 23:00

I'm sitting here agreeing with Kathy ann that we are not allowed to post anything negative about traders, can't have a black list published, or a way to even rate traders and here are all of these things being posted about this person. If it's really this bad then that's too bad but it still remains that this isn't right! Please give it a rest!
    Nancy

Posted by: Rabbittmoon z6 TN (My Page) on Thu, Apr 22, 04 at 23:48

Well you are right, it is against the rules to accuse someone. Oops, if I could edit it out I would. Sorry. I will drop it and I will keep all future bad dealings off of the public forum.
    But Kathy_Ann, it is a bit presumptuous to tell people how they should feel about something. That is great if you never let things get to you and I respect that you don't want this kind of thing brought to the forum (and it won't happen again from me) but as for the rest of us, we have every right in the world to be upset.

Posted by: tfondo z8 FL (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 0:32

ok, im a newbie to this site, I have had Great and not so great experiences with trading (only had like 3 trades so far) but the worst one I had was for clippings that were rotten/dried out due to the mailman most likely ----
    I dont understand why we can not have a rating system here like ebay does, it is not that hard to do ....

I also would love to see an easier way to look up a users trade list (for example) when someone emails me back from a post I made, the link goes to a general section, not to the exact post I made, so its kind of a pain to look it up, .... maybe just me, but its a pain. I sent an email to the webmaster saying it was a great site( I do think it is) and requested these things and have not heard didily from them...

Posted by: chasmanthe 9/10 California (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 1:16

This awful gossip, vicious suspicions, and backbiting used to make GW a nightmare, until Spike ABSOLUTELY put an end to it.
    How much could any of you lost? $10 in postage, an hour of time? Even if this lady is deceiving you because her need to acquire is a little out of whack, wouldn't you have the compassion to give a stranger a handful of seeds or a few dollars, even if they're in trouble emotionally?

There is such rampant self-righteousness in some of these postings. One of you expresses a passion for witchcraft, but I haven't read long condemnations of your values written here. And do you, espcially, remember the sadistic pleasure of witch hunts in the past?

Why is this such delicious fodder for speculation? Do none of you have unpaid parking tickets or overdue library books? Have you ever taken more than you gave?

If this lady really devised this story to get seeds and plants for free, how sad.

We are here to share, and to bring pleasure to each other, strangers, to enjoy our bounty and share it. We would give an armload of cuttings to a stranger who admired our garden as she passed by. We would feel forry for someone who needed to own what we have so much that she'd devise such an elaborate plot.

When the sun comes up tomorrow, go outside and be grateful that you have enough to give some away, that you have a garden, and a home, and a computer, and that nothing horrible happened to anyone you love today. We are so rich and so lucky. We can afford to give without getting back. And I hope we can afford to forgive.

Posted by: jankip 9/CA (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 1:30

I haven' traded with her but I pray to god for her Get well soon

Posted by: jaceysgranny 7aAR (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 2:19

I sent a message to Spike to pull this.

Posted by: gardenlady1 z6 WV (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 3:59

Hello. My name is Kathy Thaxton. I am Vicki's cousin. It was brought to my attention by one of your fellow gardenweb members that I needed to read the posts being sent in. Well I have read them, each and everyone of them! For those of you who obviously think that this is just a joke or something, IT IS NOT! My cousin, Vicki was in a horrible accident. Before I go any further, Kathy Webb a very nice member had E-Mailed me to see how Vicki was doing. I had asked her if she could help me to notify the members at Gardenweb about what had happened to Vicki. Kathy, I thank you for your help. I am sorry though because it seems that my asking for your help has put you in the middle of a very nasty situation. I do apologize to you for this. But I do appreciate you for helping me out. Now back to this situation. Vicki was in her greenhouse getting some plants ready for her trades. My 9 year old daughter was helping her. Vicki has a large overhead cooling fan system installed in her greenhouse. One of the wires, which was a live wire with voltage running through it, came loose and landed down on Vicki's right arm. Vicki was standing on a metal stepstool reaching up onto her shelves when the wire came down. It knocked her backwards and off the stepstool. I thank god that my 9 year old daughter remained calm enough to call 911. I had pulled up into the driveway to pick up my daughter right after the ambulance and paramedics had arrived. Vicki's heart did stop and yes she was revived, thank god. She was unconscious and remained that way for several days. She did sustain nerve and muscle damage to her right arm and right leg. She now has to go through extensive tests to see if there is any other damage and to see what the extent of damage is to her arm and leg. She will be going through extensive rehabilitaion and she is going to have to have several surgeries to repair the nerve and muscle damage. She will be going through heart tests to make sure that her heart sustained no damage. Now there is some confusion going around concerning E-Mails being sent and trades being set up after Vicki had the accident and was hospitalized. Lisa who is my niece wanted to put together a garden with plants that Vicki was still wanting as a surprise for her when she is finally released from the hospital. Lisa and Vicki are extremely close. Lisa had found a list of plants that Vicki still wanted in Vicki's desk. Lisa had started contacting members and setting up trades without letting me know. Unfortunately she sent the E-Mails out with Vicki's name on them instead of explaining who she was and what was going on. I have been trying to get Vicki's E-Mails and Trades caught up. I have been going from the oldest E-Mails first. I was not paying attention to the dates on the other E-Mails. I then had noticed that some E-Mails were coming in with dates on them after Vicki had her accident and was hospitalized. I knew that I did not send them and I knew that Vicki could not have sent them, she is physically unable to operate a computer right now. Lisa then told me that she had sent them and was answering the E-Mails and handling the trades. I explained to her that she should have sent them with her name and explained who she was and why she was sending them. Now Lisa has seen these posts and she is very upset now because of all the confusion and misunderstanding she caused. Her heart was in the right place, but she just went about it the wrong way. So now I would like to apologize to all of you who have received E-Mails since Vicki's accident and hospitalization. I understand that you all assumed that they came from Vicki. I have sent out numerous E-Mails to her traders and I always put my name on them. I have let Lisa know that she can locate plants that Vicki wanted but that all E-Mails and trades will be set up by me. I hope that this will clear up the confusion and misunderstandings that are occurring. Now, to answer some of these posts individually.
    To: Kathy Webb: Again Kathy, thank you I do really appreciate your help. You are a kind soul. Bless you.
    To: All of you who posted sending your prayers and well wishes. Thank you. I will be sure to pass these onto Vicki. I know it will mean a lot to her. Bless all of you.
    To: MARIE GA: I checked Vicki's log book of trades she sent out. Your's was listed as being sent out to you. Vicki was in the hospital in February. She had stomach surgery and she developed an infection and had to re-hospitalized again in February for a short time. If you would E-Mail me at Vicki's E-mail address, and let me know what all Vicki was sending you in the trade, I'll see if I can re-send the items to you if you have not received them. Thanks.
    To: aboo0328, and all others who had received an E-Mail since the end of March, These E-Mails were sent by my niece Lisa, as explained above.
    To: shanefromvegas-I am sorry, that you saw this as a joke.
    To: puggybw Lisa is the one who updated Vicki's Trade List and she is the one who arranged the trade with Lyuda.
    To: Rabbittmoon: Lisa is the one who updated Vicki's Trade List. Lisa mistakingly added seeds to Vicki's trade list that Vicki had received in trades. She did not know that they were not the ones that were for trade.
    Concerning the "Greenhouse Robbery" that some of you had some fun with, personally I don't think it is one bit funny. On the third day of Vicki's hospitalization, I went over to her place to check on and water her plants for her. When I got here the lock had been broken on the greenhouse and some of her plants were stolen. Some of them were knocked over. That is one of the reasons I decided to move into her place until she can come home. And no, I have not told her about this, I do not want her to go worrying about something else on top of everything she has to worry about now.
    To: DEWAYNESBABY: I am sorry that you thought this was a joke also.
    To Certain Members:
    I am really thrilled that my cousin's accident was so entertaining for some of you, (and you know who you are). It is so wonderful that some of you had so much fun with this, I guess that when you post remarks and comments as you did, it really does show something about your character doesn't it? I do understand that there was some confusion created especially about the E-Mails sent afer Vicki's accident by Lisa. But really some of your comments were way out of line. One should always be sure to have all the facts before they go and make accusations against someone. Remember there are two sides to every story. I do not hold any bad feelings towards any of you but I do not believe you should have jumped to conclusions as you did. But I simply do not have the time for such pettiness as I am very worried and concerned for my cousin.
    To all of you who would like to express your thoughts to Vicki: You can E-Mail her at her E-Mail address. I plan to make copies of any E-Mails that she receives so she can read them, since she cannot use a computer right now.
    For Those of You Who Want an Update on Her Condition: I saw her today. She is still listed as in critical, but stable condition. She has not regained the use of her arm or leg. She has very minimal feeling in those limbs. As the doctor's have informed us, it is going to take time to see how well she will heal.
    Thank you all. The majority of you here at Gardenweb are wonderfully nice people as I am finding out.
    Sincerely,
    Kathy Thaxton

Posted by: girlsaylorz9a 9a (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 8:41

Thanks for the update, Kathy. Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon.
    I also had a pending trade with Vicki, which she should have received my end already. If the mail got stacked up during her hospital stay, the plant may not make it, but the other things should be fine. Since her end of the trade involved plants, you certainly are NOT expected to go out in her garden and dig them. She'll be able to do that as part of her physical therapy when she gets home.

Thanks to you, she has a good support system there. I hope she can come home soon and rest where she is happiest, looking out over her plants.

girlsaylor

Posted by: chemocurl zone 5 S IND (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 10:04

Hi Kathy Thaxton, (Vickie's cousin)
    After reading all the posts prior to your last one my senior mind was very confused but without any opinion. I am glad you explained everything in such detail that even I understand it all. I hope that many will read the posts and consider stopping to think before they put their feet in their mouths. If you can't say something good you are not to say anything at all. Right?

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Sue

Posted by: woodyswife z5 OH (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 12:04

My prayers are with you Vicki. I am shocked that people can be so heartless in a situation like this--they need to put themselves in your shoes. God Bless You and get well soon.

Posted by: vossner z9 houston (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 13:01

Gardenlady1, I don't know you, but after I read the initial email about your accident, it stayed with me for a whole day and I knew I had to go back and pray and wish you the best. Love and blessings, n voss

Posted by: Susi_Q 8 (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 13:19

Please send me a list of plants or seeds that she would like and her address. I am so sorry that this has happened to her and I just read the post for the first time. I think this thread has been a good reminder to all who read it (myself included) that we need to show love towards one another before anything else! Wishing sunshine and a speedy recovery to Vicki..... And a heartfelt thanks to those of you who are helping her thru this difficult time. I love all you guys! You're all such wonderful people here...but every now and then, we all slip up (the downside of being human). Don't be too hard on yourselves or others! Pass along a smile and a hug! Here's a bunch of them from me! XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO
    God Bless! Susi

Posted by: Gardenpaw 6 (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 13:41

Dear Vicki,
    I dont know you and we have never traded but I want you to
    know you are in my prayers, you sound like a special Lady
    indeed.
    May God bless you and heal you, please know your in my
    thoughts.
    Karen

Posted by: Nigella 9a-steamy (My Page) on Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 16:06

Dear Kathy T. and Kathy,
    I am so sorry that this got past me. I am ashamed that you've been put through this and you know, I really, really hope Spike sees this. This is EXACTLY the same scenario as it was years ago. I hope I still have the information that Spike sent to me a year or so ago, it was so sad, and so much meanness was displayed by gardeners toward one of their own that when I think of it I am still aghast.
    It is my fondest hope that Vickie NEVER EVER sees this thread. Can you imagine how you would feel if these other things had happened to you? Then to come back to your community and low and behold there is this mass attack on you? I weep to think of it. I would be so devastated, I daresay I would sink into a depression that I might never come out of. I always thought gardeners were a better, kinder sort of people, I had no idea that so many were only interested in causing trouble, sowing mistrust and just generally trying to stick the knife in at any opportunity.

I hope that some of you are properly pleased with your own cleverness. I hope I never see anything like this again as long as I live.

I would like to contribute some little something to add to Vickie's garden in hopes that it will help sooth her spirit and heal her body.

Good luck to both of you nice ladies, I will pray for Vickie's speedy recovery.
    Your friend, in the Garden,
    Margaret

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA