Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weeds instead of flowers?

Posted by micke 6 MO. (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 21:03

Just out of curiosity, (don't name any names) how many of you have been sent a weed instead of the requested plant?
micke

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weeds instead of flowers?

lol I have... but I don't think it was intentional.

~Dusty~

o

hello
last winter I did lots of sowing in my basement, I pampered the tiny seedlings, planted them out and pampered them some more. one day I thought these are the strangest looking scabiosa I have ever seen. when the "plants" bloomed I looked in every plant book I had. I looked on the internet, and finaly took one to the nusery. they looked at me like I was holding a skunk. it turned out to be a highly invasive weed.
sometimes you never know
michelle

o

Someone sent me some seeds that were supposed to be plants but instead it turned out to be dockweed. LOL, I kept pampering them and thinking they just had the same kind of leaves and would soon bloom but they didn't. To make a long story longer I then thought maybe they were biennials so left them to over winter and waited more. LOL, boy did I feel like a doofus!

Nancy

o

I haven't done that, but I have a favorite saying:

I raise weeds, and a few flowers!

o

I was just curious, but you know what I didn't think about? someones weed is another person's treasure.
I had traded one of my 'special' items (one that does not even go on my trade list) for something I was wanting something awful. and it turned out to be something I see growing on the side of the road! oh well, you live and you learn, I have had a TON of excellent trades and they more then out weigh the bad!
\micke

o

My dad spent a week with me last month and was helping clean out some beds while I was working. I thanked him and he said he would have done more but wasn't sure which were weeds. It seems something I got in a special trade was a weed to him. lol You're right Micke, you just never know. Right now the roadsides are ablaze with goldenrod and tiny yellow asters. We've always thought of them as weeds and the cause of lots of allergies. This year I read somewhere that the goldenrod doesn't cause allergies. Go figure!

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here