Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jim_6b

Echinacea Tennesseensis & Shipping Problems

jim_6b
17 years ago

I have between 75 and 100 Tennessee Purple Coneflower plants. They are plants that sprouted this Spring from last years seed. The size of the plants are from 3 to 7 inches tall and a few of them have one or two blooms on them. These plants need a good home but here is my problem. Echinacea tennesseensis is and endangered plant and it is not legal to sell or trade them. I have talked to several people at the US Fish and Wildlife Service and they told me that it was legal to give the plants or seed to people who may want them. We discussed forums such as these and they said that it was legal to have SASBE offers for seed and the same applied to the plants. You send me return postage and nothing else that could be considered a trade and I can send you seed and plants. They can also be mailed across state lines but not out of the country. So I guess my main question is what would be the best way to offer these plants. I have sent 1 box out using Priority Mail. It weighed less than 1 pound and had about 20 to 25 coneflower plants in it and only cost $4.05. Is it possible for people interested to go to the post office and purchase a stamp or something for $4.05 and mail that to me or is there a better way. Delivery conformation would be something to consider also. I just hate for these plants to end up in the compost pile.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Comments (3)

Sponsored