or include a Christmas "surprise" with your card

I thought that it sounded interesting,,

How about some thoughts from the rest?

Thanks

Tabatha

Comments (27)

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI. I'm doing this on the rose forum of gardenweb. They have been doing it for 3 years and they love it. There are about 25 people in it.

I would be interested in doing one on here too.

• weebus
    18 years ago

Christmas is for Christians. What about the Jewish, Hindus, muslums, Islamics, Bhuddists, Atheists, Brights, Mungs, etc...Now what? I find it amusing, that for some reason, Americans, in general, seem to think EVERYONE celebrates Christmas. Maybe some day we will pull our heads out of thesand and learn there are many wonderful cultures other than our own...

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

Ok Weebus, why don't you start a non Christian Card List? I dare you!! :D

Omar

• weebus
    18 years ago

Ya right! I can't even keep my birthday list up to date.

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Weebus, maybe Tabatha named it a "Christmas Card List" because the majority of Americans do celebrate Christmas.

And by the way, if someone doesn't want to join the Christmas card list exchange - they simply don't have to participate.

I happen to think it was a nice idea Tabatha.

• weebus
    18 years ago

Yep, conform or be left out.

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

Weebus, is that you? Just kidding. I'm glad you are in the "understanding mode".

Omar

• weebus
    18 years ago

Oh, I really am. These things really don't upset me. I just think it is important that people see both sides of the looking glass. More and more, it is becoming true that different cultures try to assimulate into our society, but unless they value what we value, they are left out.

• TabathaNC
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I originally did this because I myself love Christmas,,I have never celebrated any other holiday nor do I know that much about them,,so to want to celebrate something I know nothing of would be quite foolish,,this thread was for people interested in the same,,not started to offend any one. So if you see fit to celebrate another holiday then feel free to post, as I am not familiar to any of these---Jewish, Hindus, muslums, Islamics, Bhuddists, Atheists, Brights, Mungs,--sorry weebus,,but I can only make one person a day happy,,and it doesnt look like today is your day,,nor will it be tomorrow.
    once again sorry

• weebus
    18 years ago

Don't be too upset, I don't look for you to make me happy. I am smart enough to know, only I can make myself happy, and I am quite practiced at it...

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

You are right, Tabatha. I think sending cards is a nice thing to do regardless what your religion is. In fact, I'm sending Weebus a cute Voodoo card.

Weebus, I'm waiting for your addy, babe.

Omar

• weebus
    18 years ago

Send me your snail mail, I'll post it to you...

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

Lol!!

Omar

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Tabatha, go to the Cottage garden forum, they just are starting a small exchange, and I joined it. They are a nice bunch of people over there. Let me know if you join in.

Maureen

• weebus
    18 years ago

Ya...compared to all of us un-nice people over here!

• emmaelice
    18 years ago

Tabatha,

I have had the great pleasure of chatting with you via email, and sending you packages!! Do not listen to all the foolishness above, execept for sweet Maureen, she is a dear. I think your idea is lovely and a wonderful way to thank the Wonderful GW members who have made our gardens so beautiful!!! You have a kind heart for thinking of this!!

Everyone else here please be so kind to this lady, she has a wonderful heart....and now is the season to be kind and giving, regardless of your faith. "Tis the season of Giving"

Blessings to you and a wonderful idea.

Kathy

• weebus
    18 years ago

Excluding an enormous part of our society doesn't seem too inclusive. No one said she isn't nice. No one on this thread said any one is unkind.

pointing out the fact that people are being left out doesn't seem to me to be unkind.

I would think that if someone pointed out to me that I need to broaden my horizons, and not leave people on the outside, but to include everyone, I would be appreciative of that person and think of them as truly kind.

Funny that you guys think because I pointed out the fact that there are others living among you, that I am a mean person. I find that rather twisted. I think I am just the opposite, kind enough to welcome everyone, not just those who suit my tastes.

• minibim
    18 years ago

For crying out loud, yet another example of secular, political correctness absurdity.

Just for starters, I'm an atheist, but I could careless if you want to send Christmas cards, Hanukah cards, Ramadan cards, whatever. I could careless if someone sent any of the above to me, I figure it was nice of them to think of me. I could careless if you want to put a Christmas tree and a Hanukah display on the front lawn of City Hall too.

If you don't like a Christmas card list - DON'T PARTICIPATE - how is that for simple enough????? If you want to start your own "I hate Christmas cards" mailing list please feel free to do so. This is a free country please feel free to do whatever you want and leave others alone who you don't agree with.

If I decided to make a post that I was inviting people to attend a Florida Marlins baseball game, would I get the same stupid lecture that I'm offending New York Yankee fans?

BTW, don't forget to renew your ACLU membership, Christmas is coming and the ACLU will need plenty of money for absurd lawsuits.

• TabathaNC
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Kathy,,,and mini,,
    I have payed no attention to
    alot of the things said here,,
    only because it seems that anything
    anyone posts a certain someone
    always has something to say,,(do a search)
    and is always the one to respond,,
    and might I say does it very quickly as well,
    so I know I have no time for the foolishness,,
    as I have Christmas Cards to fill out,,
    and if anyone would like to feel free to email
    me we can swap addys, for this very reason,,
    thanks
    (((HUGS))
    Tabatha

• weebus
    18 years ago

You sound a bit angry minibim. You said...
    This is a free country please feel free to do whatever you want and leave others alone who you don't agree with.

I agree, why don't you.

• TabathaNC
    Original Author
    18 years ago

WEEBUS EMAILED ME THIS:
    Glad to see you spending your time doing searches on me. No need to, I would be glad to let you know what I think...
    AND I REPLIED THIS:
    I feel u always have something sarcastic to say to everyone,,, I have never done a thing to you and for you to assault me only Because I like sending cards is absurd,,I did search after that
    And found you have something to say about everything,,I did not Post the original post to offend you and obviously it didnÂt offend Others,,sorry if you felt that way,,and it seems you have a lot of
    Anger and hostility to all,,I do not dislike you,,just don't understand Why you were so upset with my Christmas card exchange,, ((hugs to ya hun))

Thanks!
    Tabatha

SO EVERYONE NEEDS KEEP WEEBUS IN THIER THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS I KNOW I WILL,,,I DO KNOW HATE AND ANGER BREEDS HATE AND ANGER,,AND WEEBUS I DO NOT HATE YOU NOR WILL I EVER,,MATTER OF FACT YOUR ON THE TOP OF MY PRAYER LIST
    AND I KNOW YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON DEEP DOWN ,,JUST IT SEEMS HAVE HAD MANY HURDLES IN YOUR LIFE...BUT WE ARE ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS HERE,,NOT TO HURT YOU BUT TO HELP,,I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT IT,,BUT I AM HERE AND I KNOW OTHERS ARE IF YOU JUST NEED TO TALK,,YOUR WAY TO UPTIGHT,,I BEEN THERE,,AND IT DOES HELP WHEN SOMEONE TRULY WANTS TO LISTEN AND HELP,,,
    THANKS AND HUGS TO ALL
    TABATHA

• emmaelice
    18 years ago

WAY TO GO TABATHA!!!

You know If I wanted to read this much drama, I would watch Jerry Springer!! This conversation has gotten so absurd it is unbelievable!!!!! EVERYONE GIVE IT A REST!!!! AND WEBUS WE WILL ALL PRAY FOR YOU!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE!!!!

P.S. Tabatha, block emails!!! Then you do not have to read half this garbage about a wonderful and thoughful idea you had. If Others do not participate in Christmas, then why do you others who do not agree even bother to post here, get a life and leave people alone!! GO VENT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Mikey
    18 years ago

Sorry folks. Although I find the comments amusing, now you see what we who live in the "blue" states have to deal with....comedy.... Such an innocuos thread meant to bring joy is twisted by the politically correct police. I guess I shouldn't complain. At least weebus left Christ in Christmas and didn't replace him with an X...... Weebus; does the significance of writing the date "2005" also offend you?

• Vulture61
    18 years ago

Ho, ho ho!!

Cool down. I think the matter has been taken totally out of proportion by both sides.

Feliz Navidad!!

Omar

• ourhighlandhome
    18 years ago

Ya'll are talking about a person with a chip on her shoulder the size of a small planet. Her posts are almost always mean-spirited and hateful, and it's pathetic to see how she feeds off the negative attention she causes to be heaped upon herself.

Knowing how she hates the South and those who call it home, I'll close with these words of wisdom for her: If'n ye ain't got nuthin' good to say about a body, keep yur mouth shut, gul.

;-)

• weebus
    18 years ago

Obviously Nelson you have no idea of who I am, nor do you know of who you speak. The maternal side of my family is from the south. spent plenty of time there, even attended HS there, so obviously you have no idea of what you are saying. So, I would take your own advice.

Speaking of 'ignernt' I woud sugest ya'll just let this thread die...

• jeanne
    18 years ago

Or what, Weebus? Will you try your best to spread bitterness and discord over the entire forum?

Been there, done that.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm