Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why itís Great to Be a Male Gardener

Posted by Mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 0:45

ē Men can garden with or without wearing a shirt.
ē Men can bend over without someone ogling their butt....or their cleavage.
ē Men can screw up a GW trade without fear of repercussions because...., well because they are men and it is expected....
ē Men can garden in the front yard without first combing their hair or putting on makeup.
ē If a guy has really gotta go, he can pee in the compost pile and thus accomplish two things; heating up the compost and... well you know..
ē If a man gets angry with another GW trader he wonít e-mail ten GW friends in order to form an alliance...Men donít have ten GW friends.....
ē Men can wear whatever clothes they want while in the front yard without concern of them matching.
ē When male neighbors walk by and chat they look a man in the eye and not in the chest...
ē When the rototiller runs rough a man can give it a tune up.
ē If a man gets mad at another GW trader he may or may not say something and if he does say something it is said in private.... ducking
ē A man can swing by another male gardenerís house without bringing a little gift.
ē When women come by they donít really expect a man to know the botanical names of their plants.
ē A man can remove hose attachments without having to think, "righty tighty, lefty loosy." .... ducking again
ē A man doesnít need a bulb trowel to plant bulbs. Any trowel will do...
ē A man can garden without wearing gloves. Dirt behind the nails is almost expected....
ē When a man has disagreements with other GW members, they are generally short and sweet and seldom personal.
ē Men can mail a GW trade without enclosing a cute little note with a bunch of smiley faces.

I hope yíall canít hit a moving target....(ducking and weaving)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why itís Great to Be a Male Gardener

I disagree with # 2 - lol - we ARE watching. lol
Pam

o

You are too funny! The cleavage thing bothers me though. I work on a lot of construction sites and see a lot of BC. I'ts not a pretty sight.

o

• Posted by Mikey SoCA-Z10-22/23 (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 12:24

LOL @ Jim. Ah yes, I guess that in addition to boob cleavage there is also butt cleavage; certainly not a pretty sight on someone named Bubba....
-Mike

o

• Posted by OCGF Z8 UT (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 20, 05 at 17:58

LMAOF!! Very true.

Omar

o

LOL, too funny and Jim you're are so right! There's the same problem from females these days with the hip huggers and short tops back in style. I sure don't like seeing BC on anyone who is supposed to be dressed!

Nancy

o

Mikey as always, I enjoy reading your posts LOL!

Annie

o

While I could probably debate you on a few of those (and good thing you were ducking...and weaving...most of it is TRUE, true, true! LOL

Just hoppin' over here for a change of pace!
~Rosemarie

o

That was good. Good thing you were a moving target. My aim aint that good. Need to hear some more MIke.

o

Giving this one a bump ~ it was on the last page and it's just too funny to lose. Mikey, if you're still around, thank you for a few much-needed belly laughs!

o

Trowel? What's a trowel?

o

why its great to be a male gardener? hun let me see. o yes morning glorys with coffee and brugsMANsia with a beer =).
I can't wait for spring/summer.
Joseph

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here