Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
World Aids Day

Posted by Joeypack 8 Ark/Tx (joeypack@cableone.net) on
Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 9:23

Once again, we continue to think of those infected, affected and those that unfortunately, have passed. I continue to see more and more of us foregetting this day. Please take the time to remember those that have died, those infected with the virus and the children and families affected by the disease. I pray that each of you take the time to think about what you can do for for those with this life threatening disease. Give someone a hug and let them know they are cared for. Joey Pack

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: World Aids Day

Just saw a peice on CNN 40 million kids will be orphaned in Africa because of aids by 2010. Praying for them and us.
Winni

o

I lost my Best friend to Aids. She had cancer, and contracted it from her husband who was a drug user. She died in her home in May 2004, she died at the age of 42. For the many years we were friends I was graced by this lovely Angel, who loved everyone more than herself. I will always hold her close in my heart, as for the millions of others who suffer from this Virus. I shall never forget this day and those we pray for.

Kathy

~In Loving Memory of Katheryn Mary Hayes~

We shall never forget....

o

Aids is in my thoughts a lot, not just today on world aids day.

It really doesn't matter how someone got it (other than teaching someone else to prevent next time)

It really doesn't care if you're young or old, just found the love of your life, or that you're trying to get your act together in the first place.

It also doesn't care that you are a mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, or best friend in the world.

But we can care; everyone is a person worthy of respect. Someone close to me lived with aids for many years; LIVED with aids. Everyone can help.

Amanda 'romando'

o

Joey, as you know, one of my brothers has AIDS. He was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago. This summer, he had to have heart surgery due to the disease destroying a valve. He's doing well now and has plans to buy some property here and build a house to live out the rest of his days close to his family.

Someday, perhaps, there will be a real cure.

BC

o

Hi Joey,

If there is anyone out there who doesn't think they have reason to be concerned about aids they're living in the dark ages. I only know of one person that I knew personally who had aids and died of it but I'm sure there are more that I don't know about. Aids touches all of us at some point in our lives no matter who we are. We all need to pray for those who have it and that more of us won't get it. Thank you for reminding us Joey. Let's all pray for a cure to come soon.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here