Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have scions - Want plum, pear, or rare apple scions

Posted by ClarkinKS 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 5:34

Wanted plum, pear, or rare apple Scion Wood (eg. Arkansas Black etc.)
I have scions of Bartlett, Clapps Favorite, Kiefer pears,Cherry plums, Prarie spy apple, Honeycrisp apple. If you have something else you think I may be interested in for trade let me know.

This post was edited by ClarkinKS on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 7:04

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Have scions - Want plum, pear, or rare apple scions

Sent you an email.

o

You have no email listed on your page. I have a burgundy plum that I could trade wood for clapp's favorite wood. I also have elberta peach, celeste and brown turkey fig wood.

o

ClarkinKS ...(*No email contact is on your Member page) I'm interested in trading scions of my Forty Niner peach if that's one you might want? I'm interested in different apples as I want to graft an old Granny Smith tree to give me a variety.

CharlieBoring...would like to trade for scions of the burgundy plum ...I have Arapaho thornless blackberries...unless if you see anything else we could trade for...let me know?

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade List

o

Sandy - I would be interest in the Arapaho blackberry and your santa rosa and elephant plum scions if you have them. If you would like to trade, my email is ctboring@yahoo.com. I can send you my address if you can provide your email.

o

Sorry about that I updated my profile with an email . I just set up my new account yesterday. Thank you

This post was edited by ClarkinKS on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 7:31

o

Sandy I just noticed CA on your profile and California has laws preventing trade so I cannot ship them to that area unfortunately. Others may be in state who can trade scions for scions. Sorry about that http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/PE/interiorexclusion/ext_summary.html

This post was edited by ClarkinKS on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 5:47

o

Thanks...I have not researched the information on that page before and spent some time reviewing. I am going to call later today with some more specific questions for them. Sorry we can't make the trade, but agree we want to be cautious! Thanks anyways!

o

Thanks Sandy I was disappointed because you have some fantastic plants! Sometime they may change that and if they do please let me know first :0)

o

I'm finished up with trading scion wood for the year and getting my remaining scion wood from individuals who I have standing deals with and Bob Purvis purvisrc@msn.com he charges $4 for a 12-inch stick of scionwood and $2.50 for a 6-inch stick. There is a flat $8 charge for Priority Mail shipping and packaging If anyone else is at that point. I am getting plums, apricots, peaches, and pears from him. Guess next year I need to grow more rootstock!

This post was edited by ClarkinKS on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 15:05

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here