Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have bamboo to trade

Posted by LtlWilli 8 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 10:41

I have a variegated-leaf bamboo that grows to about 15' and sheds it's leaves in the winter...Canes are about 1 1/2-2" thick at the base, but they arch too much for fishing poles. They do spread, as I had to bury tin shets around them to keep them from the yard. I would like to trade away some root cutngs and small shoots for the things on my "Plants Wanted" page. If you have nothing there, make a suggestion, please.The variegated leaves are so pretty in the Spring, with the wind blowing thru them. Get back to me if interested.
Thanks,
LtlWilli~Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Have bamboo to trade-cuttings or small bare-rots

I also have Russian Olive cuttings that I can cut off. also, a fruiting pomeganite to prune..Just ask

o
RE: WANTED: Have bamboo to trade

I have autumn joy sedum I can send you when it comes up this spring or I can send you some forsynthia bush cuttings. also I have some redhotpokers, lemon balm and lotsa mint! my 11 year old got a start of bamboo years ago but it didn't take off. he loves it. also if anyone wants to trade for houseplant starts im game.

o

What yuccas are you looking for I have a few diff ones I could trade

o

I am looking for outdoor xeriascape plants for a small cactus garden, so I am pretty much easy to please. Feel free to make a suggestion (I do like any variegated types). Just let me know how much and how big a start you need, and we can go from there.
Jeannie,
I do not need succulents, but would not be adverse to setting you all up with a starting of this stuff. Let me know your needs, and i wil see what I can do for you.
Regards,
Rick in Texas, the land of cowpies and grassburrs.

o

I haven't got much. im just really starting over. when my kids were little I didn't work and had my outside and inside plants. then I trotted my happy butt to work at a hospital and nursing homes for about 15 years. between that and juggling basketball baseball and boyscouts I just didn't have time. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 2 years ago and had to leave work soon after. now I have the time but my funds are limited until I get my social security hearing so ill be willing to try anything. I love just about any plant. let me know how much to send you for postage if you can get me started please and thank you.

o

Jeannie,
Please send me your mailing addy to mosin53@aol.com, and I will gladly supply you with root cuttings to get it started...I am also disabled, so I completely understand your plight....No need for any postage , either... I will absorb that.
All the best regards,
LtlWilli ~ Rick

o

Hi Rick!

I'd love a bamboo start! I have some Haworthia fasciata pups that are houseplants here, but I'm guessing they could be used outdoors in a cactus garden. I also have a red-twigged dogwood cutting from last year which is rooted and growing, although I am unsure how it would fare down in your area. sadly, I have nothing on your wish list, as I'm a relative noob.

o

I am sorry, but I am at the northern edge of zone 8 and it frequently goes below 20 here. So, it would not work in this cactus garden.
You might want to place a post pointing out your want for bamboo, and mention what you have to trade..You might just get a bite.
Best of luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here