Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Kudzu

Posted by JohnGlades777 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 10:41

I am looking for some Kudzu cuttings, I have Coleus cuttings to trade, or can send money to pay postage.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Kudzu

Warning here in Texas they are out-lawed, it is a very invasive plant. It was planted here to prevent soil erosion but have taken over everywhere it was planted. It seems to be use in oriental cooking. Not a even nice looking plant.

o

If you travel to the southern states, you will find it growing wild - I know of no place that sells the plants. EBay has vendors that sell the seeds.

o

May I ask where you are located in the US?

See link below for setting up your garden zone/location (See I am 5/6 S INdiana). By getting set up properly, your location will be displayed automatically whenever you make a post.

Here is a link that might be useful: addressing newbie and newer member issues

o

I can send you as much Kudzu as you'd like...however I'd like to make sure I'm not gonna go to jail or be fined for sending to a place that doesn't allow kudzu...it is very invasive here...have it all over the place and have sprayed every type of poison (allowable) we can figure to get rid of it...it takes over my trees on my back fenceline and on our neighbors fence lines and covers our sheds if we allow it to and don't keep it cut back...the flowers do smell wonderful and are even pretty to me...i've also been told they are edible...however the hassle isn't worth it for me if i had a choice...oh and it will also choke out all your other vegetation it can get ahold of from trees it runs up to other vines and flowers...

o

Kudzu is eating the South. It can NOT be contained, so don't even think about trying, unless you live somewhere north of Nome, Alaska.

o

Please, please don't plant kudzu!! It will either die or it will take over EVERYTHING!

o

And the odds are REALLY against it dying.

o

Yes, I have to agree with other posts, I live in Nortth Carolina, and see kudzu Everywhere, it swallows trees buildings EVERYTHING, extremely invasive, now comes with its own beetle, who was also imported, should def. research kudzu before trying to grow it, don't want to start a kudzu epidemic :)

o

And the beetles stink!!!

o

I love kudzu blooms can be used for jelly leaves eatin and alot of other uses . cows and goats will kill it off by grazing

o

Thats what I need it for, the horses, and cattle.

o

Again, where are you located? You don't have your location set up in your member profile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here