Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple sweet potatoe slips

Posted by TealGarden none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 8:42

Hello all,
Spring is almost around the corner and I cannot wait to put all my plants outside :) Over the winter I successfully sprouted purple sweet potatoes and now it's doing a bit too well. I had to snip some slips and instead of throwing them away I decided to put them in water (already rooting). Theses plants do so well and are so easy to grow. Since spring is almost here I was wondering if anyone else loves growing edible plants. Berries, fruits,tubers etc....I'd really love to partner up with someone and be in a "trade buddy" relationship. Hopefully that wasn't too corny. If you LOVE sending things (out) just as much as (receiving) packages in the mail that would be you! Let's be trade buddies and surprise the heck out of each other once in a while :) I am in zone 7
Photobucket

A picture (not mine) of the exact purple sweet potatoe I have to offer. Same skin and flesh.

Photobucket

This is the mother plant I have and it's doing so well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple sweet potatoe slips

Are these the edible kind. I love edible landscaping, and have wanting to try sweet potatoes

o

Jlee, these are very edible and make great houseplants as well.

http://biosingularity.com/2009/06/30/purple-sweet-potato-means-increased-amount-of-anti-cancer-components/

o

I would be interested then.

o

Hi - Wow, those are neat! I would be interested. Please contact me. Thank you,Mistee

o

I'm very interested in being trade buddies and am also in zone 7.

o

Hi all, I'm not sure how to contact you individually on this forum but here's my email and we can go from there. I'd really love to trade :) gardenteal@yahoo.com
Psalmist40, I am very interested.

o

I sent you mail

o

• Posted by JCTsai 8B - Yulee, FL (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 7:55

I bought white skin purple fleshed sweet potatoes from the flea market and tried to grow but failed 2 years in a row.
Do you still trade purple sweet potatoes? Thx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here