Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluespiritartist

WANTED: wanted, Apois americana for my wild leeks

bluespiritartist
10 years ago

I am in hopes anyone having Groundnuts or Indian potato would be interested in an equal spring trade for my wild leeks. Willing to do pound for pound trade this spring. Can also include a more rare variety of leeks, Allium burdickii Thanks

Will not be able to do postage for the leeks at this time, this is for trades only. If I can get to the high woods where they are more bountiful, then maybe later.

Comments (12)

• JesseSt
    10 years ago

I can dig some apios to trade with you later in the spring.
    I emailed you earlier.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Jesse, I did get your e-mail and found the post here, gmail will scatter my e-mails so here I will be able to get a hold of you later this spring.

• swvirginiadave
    10 years ago

Let me know if you want to trade for the burdickii. I would not want any more than 2 dozen bulbs. If so, how many (number or weight?) tubers of Apios americana are you wanting? I don't understand what you mean by gmail scattering your e-mails. If you prefer to swap with Jesse that's OK. Just let me know.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi swvirginiadave, If I can find that many burdickii, I would still like to trade with you and with Jesse, I won't know until things start growing here. Would like to trade for a pound of your Apios americana but also wondered, is there also a possibility that you would sell me some extra if I cannot find 2 dozen of the burdickii? Pretty sure I will have 2 dozen for you and Jesse to trade but just in case.
    My gmail changed where mail I receive, after reading even when I try to save it, gets lost somewhere but I have started a folder to save your emails and Jesse's so that I can retrieve them. Not sure what is going on with my gmail.

• swvirginiadave
    10 years ago

One dozen bulbs of burdickii is fine. I plan to dig some groundnut this weekend and will get back to you.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That would be great but my ground is still very frozen and the leeks haven't come up yet, probably won't be ready until April or May.

• swvirginiadave
    10 years ago

Not a problem. I'll take advantage of the weather to dig tomorrow and get back to you to let me know when you want them. On another topic, I looked at your exchange list. Do you still want black bamboo? If so do you mean the temperate zone black bamboo, Phyllostachys nigra or the tropical clumper Bambusa lako?

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I would very much like some of the bamboo, I don't know what variety, what all would you like to trade for? When it is warmer, I will have Cambodian black sugar cane if your interested, i will have other things but as cold as it has been for even inside, have lost lost some tropicals but will have better idea this spring.

• swvirginiadave
    10 years ago

I have a pound of groundnut tubers ready to go. Send me your address via e-mail and I'll ship them out when you're ready. They can be stored in the refrigerator until you plant them.
    With regard to the bamboo--I have P. nigra. I'm not sure that it will work for you in zone 5. You may want to research this out to see if it would be worth your trying.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great thank you swvirginiadave! I had hoped the temps were going to be more stabilized this week but we are getting hit with more and more ice and snow. We had -12 degrees last night and it is only just 25 degrees now at 10:30am. I don't know what to say other than if you don't mind waiting what might be another month.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dave, I sent the box out to you yesterday April 21st priority mail and expected delivery is Wed April 23rd. Let me know ok? I sent an e-mail to you with tracking number. Also added rooted vanilla bean vine for you.

• bluespiritartist
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dave, your box came today, thank you so much, let me know if you are happy with what I sent, will leave you excellent feedback! Thank you my friend! Hope we can trade this summer also.

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!