Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottagarden

Have PEONIES - photos

gottagarden
13 years ago

I have tons of peonies. They are overcrowded and I will be dividing as soon as the snow melts and the ground thaws. Probably early April. I'm trying to set up trades now, cause I'm pretty busy outside then. These peonies will be BIG clumps with many eyes. I have too many right now, so I won't be skimpy. But I would like something nice in exchange. Would prefer other peonies, even small starts, but am open.

I am looking for peonies that I don't have, just ask. I have a lot of peonies that are not ready for dividing yet. I have other peonies not pictured here that I could trade for other new peonies.

If you are farther south, your peonies will come up earlier, and will need to be mailed earlier.

Have:

Dancing Butterflies

Karl Rosenfeld

Festiva Maxima

Sarah Bernhardt

nippon beauty or barrington belle

All photos are from my garden, so this definitely what you would get.

Just half of the driveway peony bed:

{{gwi:31136}}From Plant Trades

Dancing Butterflies is my first peony to bloom, 10 days before other peonies. It blooms at the same time as iris, so is my favorite peony to partner with iris.

{{gwi:31137}}From Plant Trades
{{gwi:31139}}From Plant Trades
{{gwi:31141}}From Plant Trades
{{gwi:31143}}From Plant Trades

Sarah Bernhardt has a rose-powder fragrance, very old fashioned

{{gwi:31145}}From Plant Trades

These are either Barrington Belle or Nippon Beauty, not sure which. Only trade these for another peony type, since I don't have too many of these.

{{gwi:31147}}From Plant Trades

Comments (59)

• peaches0104
    13 years ago

hey have purvian daffodil blooms in the summer, also have some spotted leaf cream cannas and purvian lilac. Have a few corms petite shamrock light green leafed small pink flowers and tuber roses

• lila888
    13 years ago

I am not trading but would like to tell you that I have enjoyed looking at the flowers in your garden. Beautiful garden with beautiful plants. Thanks.

• daveedgeguitar
    13 years ago

I would love some of your Peonies. I have Lily of the Valley, a ton of un-named large orange daylily, tons of seed(flower,herb,vegetable).
    Thanks,

Dave

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

hmmmm trying to think of what i have that you might like. . . i have a lot of daylilies ordered but until i get them will not know how big the clumps are, and i have placed orders for several no id mixes that promise a lot of variety. i also have monkshood, a small trade, or perhaps some hellebore and hardy geranium seedlings, or some squirrel corn? do you have any shade or mainly sun? i would love even a tiny trade of dancing butterflies and/or sarah bernhardt. please email me and let me know if you might be interested come spring thaw :)

• jeanne
    13 years ago

I sent mail. :)

• jla2day
    13 years ago

I would love to have Dancing Butterflies and the Karl Rosenfelds. I do not have any peonies but I have Charles Grimaldi Brugmansia cuttings (Angel Trumpets) and Night Blooming Cereus (Epiphyllum oxypetalum) cuttings to trade.

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

jeanne, i went through my email and didn't see anything from you. please email me again :)

• elaforet
    13 years ago

Your garden looks amazing! Unfortunately, I have no peonies to trade with you but If you'd like some Zinnias (orange, pink, purple, white), Love Lies Bleeding, or Luffa gourd seeds, I'd be super excited to take those peonies off your hands.
    Just let me know!

ealaforet@gmail.com

• shoestring
    13 years ago

I am new to the garden web and only have a few things to trade.I have just moved and do not have any peonies. i do have different things on my list maybe you would find enough of those items to trade for a small plant or two.

• rosebud43
    13 years ago

I would like to trade peonies with you. I have a wide variety of plants. I took down my plant list last fall intending to revise it but had complications from spinal surgery. It will take a while to get all the names. I esp. want Dancing Butterflies and Barrington Belle/Nippon Beauty, but could use more of the others as well, esp Festiva Maxima. Thank you, Phyllis

• lois_zone3
    13 years ago

love the dancing butterfiles -- have Pulmonaria - lungwort, bishop's weed (edible early, like spinich) can be invasive, but lovely on the forest floor, let me know if you'd like to trade. thanks,

lois

• soccergirl3183
    13 years ago

Hi. Firstly, your peonies are breathtaking - wish I had the space for a display like that.

I have an extra Moonstone peony that I've been looking to replace with a Coral Charm peony. Please let me know if this is a trade you would be interested in.

Thanks,

Sarah

• fearadyn
    13 years ago

Hi there,

Your peonies are breathtaking! I have lots of daffs I can trade~emailing you now~

• oregongardengal
    13 years ago

Sending you an email :-)
    Connie

• journey149
    13 years ago

I dont have anything to trade, but oh how i would love to have some, i can pay postage.

• SmokyMist
    13 years ago

I have a good sized trading list...I have 6 or 7 different peonies, but honestly I don't like to dig on them this time of year, and they aren't really anywhere near as large as yours. Please take a look at my list and see if you are interested in anything. Journey.....you aren't supposed to ask for free plants for postage on this , or any forum. You can, however, respond to people offering free plants for postage.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

I'm working on a good size plant trade offer. I'll be in touch this evening!

Thanks,
    Wendy :)

• suzy_q_granny
    12 years ago

I would love your peonies, I emailed you, let me know if you are interrested in trading.
    I collect Siloam Daylilies, Candy Daylilies and Tiara Hosta's so I have lots of these.
    Please let me know.
    Thank You.

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do have more peonies. It's too late in the year to dig and mail now, but I will be able to mail again in Sept when they start going dormant.

• suzy_q_granny
    12 years ago

Hi,
    I would still like to do some trading for some of your peonies, I would like to have mainly the nippon beauty or the barrington belle, I know you want one of my single fernleaf peonies, I also have neon sedum, touchstone tiara hosta, mighty mouse hosta, emerald necklace hosta, purple violets, purple splash violets and mauve violets, pink lily of the valley, Please let me know if you are still interrested.
    Thank You.
    Carol
    suzy_q_granny@yahoo.com

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I would love to trade for some karl and sarah- please look at my list and let me know if I have anything you would like to trade for. Thanks!

• christ68
    12 years ago

I dont have anything to trade at this moment,i just moved from Florida to Ohio, but i would love to have some of your peonies,they are so beautiful, i can pay postage.
    Thank you.
    Christina

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry, but they are way too much work to mail for postage.

• jim49631
    12 years ago

Hi,
    I would like to trade 3 eyes of Pink Sorbet for
    3 eyes of your Karl Rosenfeld. The Pink Sorbet is
    dark pink on the out side with light pink in the
    middle.LMK
    Jim

• jeanne
    12 years ago

Would you be interested in trading Sarah Bernhardt for bulbs? I have Arisaema draconitum, a nice native, also Van Sion and Pink Charm daffs. I just wanted to say both of the peonies you sent this spring bloomed for me, they were lovely! I hope the peonies I sent you did as well. For the second year in a row the Sarah B. I grew from Aldi's turned out to be an entirely different peony. I won't stop trying those, but it sure would be nice to have the real Sarah in the garden. :)

Jeanne

• illinoisdoglover
    12 years ago

Just started on the trading this past week. Love peonies, your pictures are beautiful. peonies are one of my favorites along with iris. I have a 140 named varieties, email me and we can talk. Will get to your trade list. Good gardening. have some peonies potted and ready to go for spring. can see some of my peonies on Webshots, Mypassions 3

• mattmatts-momma
    12 years ago

Your yard is stunning!

• journey149
    12 years ago

I would love one or two what are you looking for in trade?

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

journey149 - I checked your trade page, I see you have a big want list but the only thing you have on offer is avocado seedlings, and they're not hardy here.

• goldenbuckeye
    12 years ago

Sending an amail.

• SmokyMist
    12 years ago

I would still love to do a trade with you, I have peonies, but my plants are small, and I would love to see them in other places in my garden.

• snoopykittykat
    12 years ago

I have to trade:
    - Curly Willow cutting w/roots (as many as you like)
    - Pink pussy willow (cutting only, 3 cutting of nice size stem, grow quickly)
    - Variegated Ribbon Grass
    - Ajuga (have lots, about to bloom)
    - Red Raspberry (starter plants)

I would like to trade with a mixture of all color of Peonies that you have available to trade. Maybe 1-2 Large Flat Rate shipping box full.

Will also send you e-mail of this list.

• noodle1017
    11 years ago

Hi,

Do you have any peonies for sale? I just moved to Socal and re-starting my garden again. I don't have anything for trade but let me know if we can work something out.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• garden_fever_girl
    11 years ago

I would be interested in working out a trade with you if possible. I will be splitting daylilies soon. I have strawberry candy (pink)and very pretty larger pale yellow one. I also have lots of iris bulbs, varieties I can think of right now are broad shoulders, a small yellow rebloomer, some dark purple siberian, some dwarf purple and white, batik, mary frances. I also have a coral peony I can share with you in early spring..at the moment I can't think of it's name (coral ?) It is very different it starts out sort of peachy then turns a bright coral pink as it matures..gorgeous! I can look up the name for you. I would be interested in trading for a dancing butterflies or a sarah bernhardt, or both. Let me know if I've tempted you.

• sinbadsmom
    11 years ago

Hi Garden fever girl, tried to email you but you don't have one set up. Would you email me, I would like to see if I could interest you in a trade.

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

Hi,
    I am looking for more peony roots !
    Are you interested in doing another trade ?
    I love the Barrington Belle but have a great start from you already.
    I would be interested in some of the others or that one too.
    Please let me know.
    Thank You.
    Carol

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

Hi,
    Please let me know.
    Thank You.
    Carol

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

Hi,
    Please let me know.
    Thank You.
    Carol

• bc76645
    9 years ago

I don't have peonies to trade could i interest you with malvaviscus drummondii, turks cap, or blue plumbago? I am interested in the white variety. I could send rooted cuttings or fresh cuttings.

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I dug up about 25 divisions this spring, but with peonies, timing is critical. They hate being divided in mid season, much more so than any other plant I have. So if you're interested in peonies, contact me in September. It's too late to dig right now, they won't recover.

Also, I'm only interested in plants hardy to zone 5.

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

That sounds good !
    I will get a list to you, I think I still have hosta's you were looking for !
    All of my plants would be good in your zone 5, I'm in zone 3.
    Thank You
    Carol Gosse

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

Hi,

I am so sorry I didn't get back to you in September, do you have any that you dug up last fall ?

My Daughter was living in WI. and their house burnt down and they ended up with mercury poison so she has had most of my time since they moved back to MN.

Please let me know.

Thank You.

Carol

suzy_q_granny@yahoo.com

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    9 years ago

Hi Im am interested in your

Dancing Butterflies

Karl Rosenfeld peonies.

Barrington Belle

Nippon Beauty

I am just starting out with peonies. Please take a look at my list and see if anything interests you.

cinnie0

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

Hi, Please email me at suzy_q_granny@yahoo.com

Thank You.

• apoppyfield
    9 years ago

Would love to trade or SASE. Have Peruvian daffs and tons of different daffodil varieties. Also 35 + varieties of iris from Cooley Farms, but can't tell which is which right now.. LMK

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi suzy-q - sending you an email.

apoppyfield - I am very interested in your daffodils. I already have lots, but I know there are hundreds of varieties so you probably have some I am interested in. Not interested in iris anymore, already have 50 varieties and running out of room. (daffodils can be squeezed in anywhere :-) Need your email to contact you, can't see it on this new Houzz website, but I haven't used this new Houzz so maybe I'm missing something.

CinnieO - Sorry, but I pretty much have everything on your trade list. Thanks for your interest.

Now is the time for me to dig peonies. In 2 weeks they will probably have grown and be too big.

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Also, I do not mail for postage - waaaaaay too much work involved.

• suzy_q_granny
    9 years ago

My email is suzy_q_granny@yahoo.com

I don't like this Houzz ?

Thank You !

• Phylis
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi gottagarden, very interested to trade. Please send me a message. :)

Here's the link on how to enable messaging on your profile

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions/2857476/garden-web-messaging-is-back-without-having-to-follow-one-another

• gottagarden
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for that link! I couldn't find it without your help :-)

Sponsored