Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msirie

WANTED: Wanted: Oxalis

msirie
11 years ago

Hey all,

I would like to replace my Oxalis. Had some in another state and they were beautiful. Unfortunately when I packed them in my suitcase for the trip to GA they were confiscated by TSA, (I think they just wanted some for their yard. lol)

I lhave cannas, rooted mint and bearded iris. if you would like to do a trade or I can do SASE, please let me know.

This post was edited by msirie on Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 10:14

Comments (19)

• kayjones
    11 years ago

There are many kinds Oxalis - do a google.com search and come back and tell us which one you're wanting.

• msirie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Kay, thanks for your input.

The Oxalis I am referrring to are the purple shamrock looking ones with little white flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:31541}}

• browneyedsusan_gw
    11 years ago

I have the purple oxalis pictured in the link (oxalis triangularis). What kinds of cannas do you have for trade?
    Susan

• msirie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Broweyed, I am not sure of the botantical name, but they yield red flowers.

• momgardens1
    11 years ago

I have lots of wood sorrel....they form a huge mound of clovers with little pink flowers :)

• msirie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would forever be grateful to you if you would share some with me. I've looked everywhere locally and none of the big box stores have it.

I orginally brought it on clearance from Walmart last year and I felt in love. I love them.

Please let me know what to do to get some.

• msirie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Still looking for Oxalis triangularis (Purple shamrock) bulbs or seeds.

Thanks much!

• msirie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Could someone recommend a reputable dealer, where I can purchase Purple Oxalis?

• msirie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Anyone?

• wally_1936
    10 years ago

You probably missed out for the year as they seem to sell them during St. Paddy's day. Mine were a gift from my neighbor from Louisiana. Even Randall's was selling them back then but they thought a 6 inch pot was worth $20. They do not look like they would travel very well. Have you checked with your extension agent or your local nursery.

• risinsun
    10 years ago

Just saw this...I have purple oxalis! Big dark purple leaves and pink flowers. How much are you looking for? Let me know what varieties of cannas, mint, and bearded iris you have!

• msirie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello risinsun,
    I am so happy to hear that you have purple oxalis. you just made my day. I am looking to fill 2 areas in the backyard with Purple Oxalis.

My bearded iris are white and the cannas are red. I am not sure whether I have spearmint or peppermint.

• risinsun
    10 years ago

Mine are still potted, so I can probably share a a pot or two of them (which can be divided into several plants, at least). They should spread and fill your areas in quick. Are you also interested in the more common green Oxalis with pink flowers? It is a big-leafed variety, but I don't know the specific name. Anyway, I have lots of that growing in the ground already and can share some of that too, IF you want!

Do you have the green or dark leaf cannas?

• msirie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Risinsun,
    I love the purple Shamrock, (of course) and I'ld love to try the common green oxalis, after reading so many good reviews on it. Can't wait to fill the backyard with these 2 beauties.

My cannas have dark leaves.

What's your address?

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

Do you have a picture of your canna?
    Susan

• msirie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Browneyedsusan,
    I don't have a picture, because they are still coming up out of the ground, however I've found a picture online of what they would look like.

Take a peek.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:31542}}

• risinsun
    10 years ago

I'm about to send you an e-mail :-)

• wispfox
    10 years ago

Are you still looking for oxalis, or are you all set?

• msirie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Wispfox,
    I just rec'ed a box from a member, however if you have some that you would like to share, I would be happy to take some off your hands. I just love them. Please let me know.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA