Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Giant milkweed

Posted by hdibikerchick 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 21:13

I want to start a designated butterfly garden . Will trade, please look at my list and respond to defrancoluv2ryd@msn.com. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Giant milkweed

Calotropis gigantea (Giant Milkweed/Crown Flower) can't be grown outdoors year round in your zone but it is a fairly easy container plant.

o

I've been wanting this plant for a long time, too - hope you find it!

o

I have some seeds that germinated recently. They were from a trade, but I believe they are the correct species from the size of both the seeds and the resulting seedlings. I would post a photo, but I've lost my data cable, again.
If anyone wants me to pot up a seedling for later, let me know. This weekend I will be discarding the unfortunate excess sprouts.
Alana

o

Alana, I'll take the excess sprouts - just let me know what you'd like in trade. Hugs, Jo

o

Okay, Kay. No trade. I owe you for the last beautiful vine I added to my collection.
I will pot them up and send them when the weather improves again. It looks like after today or tomorrow we are back to winter-even more winter than winter was, if the forecast holds.

o

Alana, if you've got any left...(*grin*)

o

Alana, hey don't forget me too if you have any excess!

o

I won't. I have a few seeds left. If you would rather have those, you may, or I can pot you up a seedling or two for later-whichever you prefer.

o

I will give it a go with the seeds. It will give me give something to look forward too when they sprout. Do you have any words of advice and do I need to send you a SASE? Thank you very much!!!

o

No words of advice-I'll just tell you that mine germinated in about 10 days. They were planted in ProMix Seed Starting Mix, but any kind will be fine, and placed on a heat mat. The large cotyledon's surprised me.
Send me your address.
Alana

o

Sure and thanks I will re-send my contact info

This post was edited by hdibikerchick on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 2:05

o

Christine, you can use the 'edit' feature within your post to remove your name and address, just for safety's sake. Use Alana's 'My Page' to email the info. directly to her.

o

Thanks Kay for the heads up, I totally forgot about safety with all that's going on in my life

o

Alana,

Sorry this comes to you so late, but I did get the seeds and thank you for sending them. I will hopefully get back in the groove. I have had a very trying month. I am going to start planting this week!

Christine

o
WANTED: milkweed seeds

Wanted - seeds of less-common milkweeds. I have scarlet & yellow and have just started incarnata & perennis. Will share any of them once they're old enough to set seed. Thanks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here