Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizbest1

WANTED: Have peonies for rooted bottlebrush buckeye

lizbest1
11 years ago

I have multiple varieties of peonies to choose from if anyone has rooted bottlebrush buckeye. I don't have my list for trades set up, new at the trading game, but if anyone is interested in a particular style/color I might have it (last count was 90 different named plants) and can post pics when they bloom this spring. Since peonies are best divided and planted in the fall it would probably be best to actually accomplish this trade later in the year but I'd like to start talking to anyone who might be interested!

Comments (13)

• illinoisdoglover
    11 years ago

Good morning, sending you an email . We need to get together trading peonies, I have that many and more.

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Illinoisdoglover--absolutely! I got the email you sent but your address was blocked. We can talk here or you can send another email w/return address. I'm working on getting a good list of the varieties I have--mostly Japanese and large single types but have doubles in every color, too.

• snoopykittykat
    11 years ago

I'm interested in your peonies but would like to know what sort of things are you looking for other then another named peony?

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone interested in trading for peonies, I posted the varieties I have documentation for on my trade list, will add more as the snow clears and I can get to tags! Some of my older peonies have tags that have completely faded away so will have to wait until they bloom to identify (haven't been very organized in the garden before finding this forum).
    I don't have a lot of specific plants I want but can give traits--has to be hardy down to zone 4, I'm in high desert so the more zeric the better, no bog plants (unfortunately). Fruiting or attractive to hummingbirds and/or butterflies and/or fragrant are favorites.

• illinoisdoglover
    11 years ago

Hi LizinElizabeth> Sorry you could not get thru, try again. I went to your trade list and will be glad to trade some of my peonies for some of yours and sure there will be other things we can trade. We are also waiting for spring to get here. If you can not get thru again, try same email but use @msn.com,. Thanks

• meadow_daisy
    10 years ago

I have plenty of red bottlebrush buckeye plants and seed for trade.

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

Do you like rose bushes? I have several varieties, lots of Queen Elizabeth.

• casey1gw
    10 years ago

What would you likein trade for 'singin in the rain'? I have 2 Japanese types - Moon over Nippon (white and yellow)
    and Sword Dance (red and yellow) both newly purchased.
    Right now I have daylilies 'Crytal Pinot', 'Ageless Beauty' and 'Russian Ragtime'. I'll be able to find many more later.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

I would like to trade for you Pink Spritzer and/or Raspberry Rumba, maybe others if I have anything you are interested in. I have lots of named daylilies, bearded iris, other plants.

• Pat
    10 years ago

I can always use a new peony and am delighted to see you are interested in daylilies. I don't think I'm allowed to link to my catalog on this site, so please e-mail me for a link. I've lost count, but think I have at least 650 named varieties and several hundred seedlings under different stages of evaluation.

• lizbest1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Most of my peonies have sprouted enough that I don't want to divide until fall. I will re-tag and figure out what can be divided and mark them on my trade list for anyone who is interested in trading perennials hardy down to zone 4-5 in the fall. daylilly99 and ngraham, I attempted to reply to your emails but both were returned undeliverable.

• carenjean
    10 years ago

would be interested in peonies and lilies and will wait til fall if that is bes t for you
    thanks

• carenjean
    10 years ago

would be interested in peonies and lilies and will wait til fall if that is bes t for you
    thanks

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?