Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bess_shields

Have Epidendrum orchids to trade

Bess_Shields
13 years ago

My greenhouse is THICK with Epidendrum orchids, and I would like to exchange some of them. Just contact me with whatever you have to exchange, and we'll take it from there.

I live outside San Antonio, so the weather can reach the teens in winter, and 110 degrees in mid-summer. My orchids live in a greenhouse, but a few larger pots-full grace our backyard during the summertime (under heavy oak shaded areas).

I have raised Epidendrums for over 30 years as a hobby, and have a vast mixture of ALL colors. Epi's are "rabbits" of the orchid world, and love to repopulate! I am especially fond of heirloom and antique roses, cosmos, and violets. Thanks!

Comments (20)

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

Good Morning,
    Epi's are my new love ...I was wondering if you would actually take postage for a few....

Cindy J.

• djune_gw
    13 years ago

Hi Bess, I would love to try some of your Epidendrums. I have never raised them. I have several antique roses rooting now. I don't beleive they are well rooted yet.Please ck. my list to see if there would be something
    to trade. The list is not up to date,but I have other things that is not on the list. I have tons of the blue
    violets, if this is what you like.
    Please let me know, I will come up with something.
    Thanks,
    djune/Donna

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Bess, please email me (yours isn't set up on your page) - I will trade for colors other than pink and yellow.

• sgtlovesbella
    13 years ago

Bess, I'm here in San Antonio too!! are you part of the orchid society here? I just went to my first meeting last month hoping that someone would just teach me to keep my phals alive. I'm a novice and boy did I have a blast. You should set up your email account on your members page so that members can email you. Click on the blue my page so you can see my trade list.
    Would love to trade with you. I have a sunroom full of african violets:))My loving husband (he really is) is building a greenhouse for me so I can start my orchid collection.

• sgtlovesbella
    13 years ago

Bess, just another quick note, go check out the Texas Gardening Exchange page listed under San Antonio swap. A bunch of fun, April 2nd, MacArthur Park. Would love for you to come:)

• casey1gw
    13 years ago

I grow mostly cattleyas but would love to try an epidendrum. Not much is up here but check my list for a trade.

Hedy

• sherrih
    13 years ago

Hi I am interested in trading for some of your epidendrum. Email me and we can go over details. Thanks,
    sherri

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Bess, I haven't heard from you - still want to trade!

• irish_rose_grower
    13 years ago

HI, would you be interested in named daylilys. I have many different types/colors to offer.

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Has Bess contacted ANY of you? I hope she's ok!!!

• kayjones
    13 years ago

I received an email from Bess - she's ok - just very busy!

• sgtlovesbella
    13 years ago

Just met Bess at her shop. She is a fabulous lady, just super super busy with all the customers at her store, so please give her time to respond to your email. She really is an exceptional orchid lady.

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Thanks, Bella - I would love to visit her rock store!!!

• retsec
    13 years ago

I have some old roses I could trade for some of your epis. Let me know.
    Nancy

• chellflower
    13 years ago

I would like to try some of your epidendrums.
    I have...

Houseplants:
    Norfolk island pine
    Phal orchid
    pothos ivy
    philo ivy (cuttings)
    mother in law/snake plant
    ...possible others

Outdoor plants:
    sweet violet
    ajuga/siberian bugloss
    purple heart ivy
    cast iron plants
    ...and comng up soon in the garden...
    named canna lilies
    elephant ears
    caladiums
    yellow ginger
    morning glories (many varieties)
    ...possibly many others

• tminh20
    13 years ago

Hi,
    I am interested in some of your epi, purple if you have one, but any color will do. I don't have much to trade. I have some jujube runners and a rooted fig that I traded from a member from the forum. Or can i pay for postage?
    Thank you very much.

• pata370
    13 years ago

I have white or pink hardy water lily roots for one of your orchids if you are interested.

• BridgetElam
    12 years ago

I have clivies to trade..healthy plants with 5 + leaves..blooming soon..I have species and goodhope yellow..would trade for epi orchids..:)

• keiki
    12 years ago

I know this post is old but I wonder if you have any more epi's to trade? I tried to trade with another girl who never sent me the box full she promise while keeping all the things I sent her. I have lots to trade if you can still swap.

• chuckesweetmb
    12 years ago

Bess or sgtlovesbella,
    I'm also in san antonio, and love orchids, but have never grown one. I'm interested in going to one of alamo society meetings, and would love some orchids.

"chuckie"

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio