Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have petasite japonicus variegata

Posted by woodthrush z4PA (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 28, 09 at 11:20

Grows to about 4 ft across, large ornamental leaves.
It's just sprouting here so it's a good time to transplant.

I have most shade here. I'm looking for hosta and pulmonaria that I don't have. Unusual woodland plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have petasite japonicus variegata

I have an unusual woodland plant that I haven't been able to identify. It's a biennial, has very toothy, variegated leaves, and delicate, sky-blue flowers. Interested? Any idea what it is?

o

Have a picture? What type of flower, daisy-like, tubular?
How tall does it grow?
Pam

o

Woosthrush,would like to trade,have pond plants alltypes of grases that i just divided hydranges,colocasis not up yet please e mail me Hoitider@earthlink,net thanks

o

Let me know the varieties of colocasis you have, you have nothing on your trade page. As I emailed you yesterday, I don't have the sun for grasses or yuccas.
Pam

o

The flowers are sort of cup-shaped. Reminds me a little of a phacelia. Let me do a little research. (*grin*) The leaves are actually more interesting that the flowers---they're three-lobed, but then each lobe is irregularily toothed, and not so much variegated as, well, spotted. There's a lighter spot where each tooth reaches the body of the leaf. It gets about 12" tall, sometimes a little taller if it's in deep shade.

o

Okay, it's Phacelia bipinnatifida, but mine has richer colors than the one in the pic---more contrast.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phacelia_bipinnatifida.jpg

o

Would love to have some of your petasite japonicus variegata. You have so many plants, I don't know what I could offer that you don't have. I have mayapples, Ostrich fern, wood poppy, a native fern that is very aggressive, Arum Italicum Marmoratum Variegata, Clematis Sweet Autumn, Heuchera Green Spice, houttuynia cordata (chameleon plant), "Kiss Me Kate" L.A. Hybrid Lily. Anything interest you?

o

HI
I AM INTERESTED IN petasite japonicus variegata BUT YOU COULD SEE MY LIST, I AM AFRAID THERE IS NOTHING THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU., BUT ANYWAY I GIVE IT A TRY SINCE I GOOGLED IMAGE THIS PLANT AND IS BEAUTIFUL IT HAS A TROPICAL PLANT LOOK.

o

I am interested in some. Check my list.
Thanks
Chris

o

Thanks. Let me catch up here and I'll see if there are more left. If your email is blocked, I can't answer you.
Pam

o

Pam, I am interested if you have any more. Please check my page. plantbug

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here