Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Native Lady slippers Have: Trillium, JITP, Blood Root

Posted by misterpatrick 4mn (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 20:32

Hello all,

I purchased a new property last year and we have a lovely little woods full of natives. At one point, the original owner had lots of yellow lady slippers but when the moved out knew the following owner would not care for them. He was correct. I'm in the process of rehabbing the woods and would love some lady slippers. I don't have a ton to trade, but what I do have are:

Erythronium albidum (White Trout Lily)
Trillium grandiflorum (Large-flowered Trillium)
Uvularia grandiflora (Large-flowered Bellwort)
Arisaema triphyllum (Jack-in-the-Pulpit)
Podophyllum peltatum (Mayapple)
Sanguinaria canadensis (Bloodroot single and double-petal cultivars)
Viola sororia (Common Blue Violet)
Viola pubescens (Downy Yellow Violet)
Wild Ginger
Salomon's Seal
Interrupting Fern
Ostrich Fern
Virginia Waterleaf
Virginia Creeper
Caulophyllum thalictroides (Blue cohosh)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Native Lady slippers Have: Trillium, JITP, Blood Root

Patrick: glad to see you up and posting. I sent emails before trying to set up trade for double petaled bloodroot,lARGE flowering bellwort, trillium grandiflorum, and i too would be interested in lady slippers if you should ever get some to trade. see my trade list. also have a few other thing i can possibly add to the trade. please c-mail me so we can arrange a trade.

o

sending you an email:)

o
Cannot send email

Could you send me an email. I went to you page, but there is not an email listed. I have some natives, but want more. Thanks. PS I am on the rate and reviews if you want to check there before you contact me.

o

Patrick: Haven't heard from you, go to my page and.or look back thru your email you sent out, please respond with email to : flowersbytheriver2@comcast.net We have communicated before, waiting for a response..

jmclaurin: I have some natives, email me and we can chat about natives to trade.

o

I have seeds from what my grandmother calls Lady Slippers if you are still looking for some. I have a bunch I could trade for something like trillium or lilies. Just message or email me and we can arrange it!

o

Patrick, is the email thru GARDEN WEB GOING THRU, HAVEN'T SEEN A REPLY. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.STILL INTERESTED IN THE TRADE WE WERE CORRESPONDING ABOUT. MARSHA

o
RE: Native Lady slippers

Please folks do not transfer lady slippers roots in the mail or for that matter only dig if a bulldozer is coming threw We can not clone them in labs like other Tropical orchids.
they have become priceless.. I offer seeds of mine in the fall and the best you can do is broad cast seed over fertile woodland soil.

o

• Posted by prhart western NC (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 15:25

I agree with flying squirral about sending lady slipper roots through the mail. However, they can be grown from seed on sterile nutrients in flasks. In fact, there are several companies which do that as well as at least one GW member. It is a tricky business, not for the beginner, but it can be done.

o

I don't know if it's too late to trade, but I'm very interested in the double sanguinaria. Sending you an e-mail now.

o
email

I can't find an e-mail but please send me an e-mail at someguy00273952@yahoo.com. Hopefully we can work out a trade this year. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here