Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hlaverdiere

WANTED: Trades wanted for School Library Garden

hlaverdiere
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have approval to plant a garden in the sad but oh so promising courtyard of my elementary school's library courtyard (yay!) outside my library classroom. It is starting to look up! Looking for very low maintenance, non-invasive varieties. Space is bare but has some bones (row of burning bushes), with 3 picnic tables I hope to get stained too. Definitely part sun to part shade and space limitations. And of course, I have many sun loving perennials that I would like to trade for the part sun to part shade need for this garden. Seeking a few sun seekers for the area by the stairs as well. I have attached a pdf of perennials. I am seeking trades for my sun loving perennials for your more part-sun/shade to shade varieties.

Seeking:

Any Dwarf Hosta cuts (full, not thin leaf: mouse ears, appletini, baby booties, cats eye, cherish, crown jewel, dixie chick, etc.).

Blue or bright green hosta cuts, no variegated (already have).

White bleeding heart
Hellebores
Pulmonaria
Heucheras
Columbine (I have solid purple, would love other varieties)
Nepeta's Walkers Low catmint (need a few)
Serbian Bellflower
Any non-invasive succulents (especially Sempervivums (hens 'n chicks), Crassulas, Echeverias, Kalanchoes, Sedums, Aeoniums, Haworthias, Mesembryanthem
Sedums: Autumn Joy, Ogon, sieboldii, Vera Jameson, Purple Emperor.

Have:

Purple coneflower, shasta daisy, purple bellflower, white bellflower, chameleon plant (invasive groundcover but awesome if you have an area where you want nothing else, licorice fragrance), black-eyed susan, paprika yarrow, pink malva, sundrop, ajuga black scallop groundcover.

This post was edited by hlaverdiere on Mon, May 19, 14 at 22:50

Comments (12)

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Heidi I have Walkers low that I just divided and replanted ( in AZ where the weather is mild right now). Your project sounds like fun and I'd love to work out a trade.
    I may also have some winter sown seedlings by mid April. Not stuff that will bloom this spring but at least a start.
    bethb

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Beth! Let's touch base again at the end of the month.

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Beth,

I have finally been able to get started in my library garden at school. Had a bit of a delay as I had to wait for a dead tree to be removed! Would you still like to trade some walkers low with something else?

• beth_b_kodiak
    9 years ago

Tried twice to reply to your email and they were returned.
    I can still do a trade. A couple Walkers low and probably some sedums maybe a few others.
    Interested in Shasta Daisy,bellflower and Black eyed Susan.

• hostatanya
    9 years ago

I've got the following available for trade:
    sedum autumjoy, heuchera, small acuba japonica bush
    several non variegated hostas whose names I don't know as well as
    August moon, halcyon, gold standard
    Mini hostas i have to trade are itsy Bitsy, & princess tiara
    I'd b interested in your:
    White & blue bellflower / pink Malva / paprika yarrow &
    Pulmonaria

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Beth,

That is odd about email, once in a while I hear it does that but I cannot figure out what is wrong. I can get you black eyed susan, bellflower, and Shasta daisy babies. Not sure how much of walkers low you have to trade, I can probably do 3-5 of each?

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Tanya,

I am seeking but do not have pulmonaria :) I would love hostas, especially the minies and gold standard, but all are appreciated. I can do white bellflower, pink malva, paprika yarrow. I also have a purple yarrow, unsure of name. I am unsure of blue bellflower at the moment, until it blooms in a few weeks, but would be happy to send you some once I recall location! I can send 3-5 babies of each? Ladies, my school email is laverdiere (at) sel.k12.oh.us as well if you get a bounce.

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beth, I see you are also looking for daylilies? I would love some iris as well. I have red or orange old-fashioned daylilies (not ditch, mine are slightly ruffled, from my grandma's garden).

• KarenPA_6b
    9 years ago

If you are interested, I can donate a box of tall bearded iris and daylilies for your library garden. I have the following iris:

Blue REview (a lot)
    Lena Baker ( a lot)
    purple noid with a grape fragrance ( a lot)
    Total Recall
    Afternoon in Rio
    Bal Masque
    Last Laugh
    Cat's Eye Dwarf
    Ringo

Daylilies:

Joan Senior
    Tangerine Horses
    Smuggler's Gold
    Untamed Glory
    Dick Bennet
    Admiral's Braid
    a coral noid.
    Best of Friends
    Leonard Bernstein

I will fit enough in a box that will cost me $10 or under for shipping. I am in southeast PA. Please send email.

Karen

I have to send them sometimes in August.

• tigercak
    9 years ago

are you still looking for perennials? I have Spiderwort Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate' . it is awesome. it has lime green leaves with purple flowers. also have hens and chicks and stella d'oro day lilies. would like to trade for your paprika yarrow.

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tigercak, I just realized today that my paprika yarrow did not survive our winter. Oddly, I have tons of purple yarrow if you are interested?

• hlaverdiere
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kousa,

I would love some iris and daylily and end of August if fine. I will be back at school by 8/25. I love purples, so I think the only one I'm not a fan of is Lena Baker, so any of the others would be wonderful. Daylilies I love Dick Bennet, Joan Senior, Admiral's Braid, and Leonard Bernstein. I'll email you my school email address as well. Thanks SO much!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida