Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitterati_ga7b

HAVE: Iris to trade

Glitterati-GA7b
10 years ago

Hi folks,
Long time gardener who has been gardening in pots while I purchase a home.

We finally closed in February and I've got a neglected yard that needs some work, but it's getting there.

At any rate, I have a full, overgrown bed of Iris that has to be moved as it's just not getting enough sun, and it is bed #2 of the same plants. They are healthy, robust but not blooming because of lack of sun. I believe they are all the same iris - white with purple fringe, see photo.

I'm interested in any perennial ferns you might have, but am open to anything to trade, especially anything for the shade. If it's native to my area, I'll be really happy. I do have plenty of sun, so shade plants are not a requirement. Perennials, however, is.

Comments (32)

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    10 years ago

I would like a couple of your iris. please see my list and see if we can make a trade.

• margarita10
    10 years ago

Hi,

I am interested in your Iris please check my trade list.

Thank you,

margarita10

• smagerkurth
    10 years ago

I am establishing an tulip and iris bed and would love some of your iris. Please look at my list and let me know. :)

• msbatt
    10 years ago

I have native ferns, and since I'm in TN, I imagine they're also native to GA.

• illinoisdoglover
    10 years ago

Would love those iris. Please see my trade list. I have perennial Cinnamon ferns and perennial Ostrich ferns. Have other shade plants. please send me personal email to :flowersbytheriver2@comcast.net so we can chat. Thank you , I am sure we can arrange a trade. Marsha

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think I have sent everyone a note, if I missed you, please let me know.

• margarita10
    10 years ago

Hi,

I tried to send you an email but you don't have one listed.

margarita10

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm sorry margarita, I don't know how to do that.........help?

Others have emailed, so I assume I did something right....

Confused.

10 years ago

i didnt get anything.

• retsec
    10 years ago

I'm interested if you have any left. You can check my list and see if I have anything you'd be interested in.

• peony13
    10 years ago

i have oriental lily bulbs to trade for your iris

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    10 years ago

Hi Glitterati-GA7b,

Please see the link below for getting your member Page email link enabled so that you can easily be reached. You might want to check the box to show email addy to Members, because often emailing via the GW system seems unreliable for some members.

hth.

Sue

Scroll to the bottom of the link to get set up properly for trading.

Here is a link that might be useful: This form allows you to set various preferences for your GardenWeb membership.

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Done, thank you Sue.

• erin08
    10 years ago

I'd love a few if you still have some. Check out my trade list. I have mixed aquilegia and red dianthus.
    Let me know, Thanks
    Erin

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I don't need any more iris, don't have the proper place to grow them with the sun requirements they need to bloom. That's why these all came out.

If you have anything for shade, I'll take it. If not, then please send me an address and consider them a gift.

I pulled the entire bed of iris on Monday and these need to get to their destination, so please act quickly by sending me 1) an address to mail them to, and 2) how many iris you want.

I thought there were 50 iris in the bed.....by the time I got them all out and counted, there were 127 irises that need homes.

They WILL be packed and shipped today.

Final chance.

I don't want to haggle over plants - I just want to get these to their destinations before they die.

Folks who have provided an address already HAVE a box at the post office. No need to repeat.

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bronx, NY, 10465 you have a box with your label on it. Please anticipate delivery by Saturday.
    Can't email you, and your GardenWeb Username was not noted on the note I received.

I am writing labels and putting them on packed boxes as I receive an address.

• risinsun
    10 years ago

Just sent you an e-mail :-)

Thanks,
    Brandi

• risinsun
    10 years ago

Just sent you an e-mail :-)

Thanks,
    Brandi

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have one person who I'm waiting for an address from. Assuming they come through, the irises are gone.

If not, I'll post back.

10 years ago

Hi i have posted in here twice about wanting some but have not gotten an email from you.

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi cinnie,

First, in my original post, I made it clear that I didn't want annuals.

Everything on your available list is an annual or a seed.

Yet, you still responded asking for Iris.

I'm sorry, but shipping live plants all the way to California is a very expensive proposition.

I just have to say that my experience on GardenWeb's plant exchange has been very disappointing. I asked repeatedly how many plants folks wanted, and all they wanted to do was haggle over WHAT plants I wanted in return.

This morning I got up to 17 emails from ONE person about these iris and not ONCE did he include his address.

Today, I spent $92.10 sending irises to people with NOTHING IN RETURN. And, most decidedly not anything remotely like what I asked for in my first post - some shade plants/some ferns.

To say that my experience on GardenWeb has been frustrating would be an understatement. And, yet again, I'm being yelled at because I didn't GIVE you some iris when you offered nothing in return.

Needless to say, I won't be participating in another plant exchange (which amounted to paying others to TAKE them) on GardenWeb.

• illinoisdoglover
    10 years ago

Did you get my private email with my address? Have your trade ready too.

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, illinoisdoglover. Email sent in return. Thank you.

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The iris are gone.

Folks who got boxes have an email with tracking numbers, with 2 final boxes going out in the morning.

10 years ago

Well you could of atleast acknowledged you saw my post and i had nothing you wanted. I have other things I could have offered that are not on my list. if anything i could of sent postage to cover the cost. I am still a newb when it comes to flowers and dont know which ones are annual etc.. AND I DIDNT YELL AND I FIND YOUR POST TO BE RUDE! all i wanted was an answer. Like i said you could of simply said u didnt see anything on my list i would of said ok thanks anyway..

• Glitterati-GA7b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did, cinnie. I replied on the day that you posted. Very politely telling you that I wasn't interested in the items you had to trade.

Everyone else got their notes that day. You're the only one who seemingly didn't......

Rude? And, I suppose your calling me out in public isn't rude?

You reap what you sow.

10 years ago

I went through my email and there was nothing from you. and i did reply saying i didnt receive an email when you said you replied to everyone if someone didnt get something to reply here. i did so. and felt my posts were being ignored. my mom is coming home from the hospital on saturday after being in there since the end of june and i would of loved to surprise her with a couple of your beautiful irises. you did say you sent alot for nothing in return. and you said i offered nothing in return. that doesnt make sense to me. i offered you a look at my list. and like i said i would of offered postage. but i did not get a reply at all from you. you also didnt answer my 1 email. SO like i said it was like you ignored my posts.

This post was edited by cinnie0 on Thu, May 9, 13 at 12:58

• momgardens1
    10 years ago

Well I just have to say those IRIS are GORGEOUS !! And how very nice of you to offer them AND pay postage Glitterati :) so sorry you had to dig deep for this trade or better to say offer . But those beautiful iris will be loved I'm sure ;) Also bumber I missed this one ;) hehe !! Maybe something else I do house a few different shade plants here !!

• momgardens1
    10 years ago

Well I just have to say those IRIS are GORGEOUS !! And how very nice of you to offer them AND pay postage Glitterati :) so sorry you had to dig deep for this trade or better to say offer . But those beautiful iris will be loved I'm sure ;) Also bumber I missed this one ;) hehe !! Maybe something else I do house a few different shade plants here !!

• gunnysack
    10 years ago

Sorry you had such a bad experience, I have been trading for years and never had a bad one, please don,t give up there are a lot of us who are not rip offs.

Gunnysack

• retsec
    10 years ago

I never got an email from you either. Maybe all your emails didn't go through. I've posted to different peoples posts lately and didn't get any response. I wouldn't give up on Garden Web, You can get some great trades here.

• retsec
    10 years ago

I never got an email from you either. Maybe all your emails didn't go through. I've posted to different peoples posts lately and didn't get any response. I wouldn't give up on Garden Web, You can get some great trades here.

Sponsored
Yard Sharks, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
High-Quality Lawn Care | Orange County, VA