Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aggiegrl

Special Instructions for Exchanges:-Please Read!

aggiegrl
15 years ago

I am just copying and reposting this so it will stay near the top of the Exchange.

Special Instructions for Exchanges:

* This area is for the purpose of exchanging seeds or plants of the type covered by this forum.

* The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do.

* All exchanges are restricted to users from a particular country, region or state. If it isn't indicated otherwise, the exchange is restricted to residents of the U.S. To find an exchange for your location, check the the exchange index.

* Each post must have a type of trade, subject and a message.

* Trading is done at users' discretion. GardenWeb has no control or responsibility over trades arranged here. Keep in mind some traders may let you down, so it might be wise to keep your initial trade with someone limited to smaller items.

* Messages addressed to or meant for particular users should be sent via email and are not allowed in the exchanges.

* If you have trouble with another person coming through with their end of a trade, you must deal with it privately. It is the consensus of the forum users that this type of thing be kept out of our forums. Any public accusation in this forum, or elsewhere at GardenWeb, will result in the accuser being banned.

* To avoid problems when shipping across borders and some state lines, it is best to ship plants bare-rooted and to label the container as such. It is up to the users involved to determine what is legal and what is not.

* This forum is for the purpose of exchanging material, there should be no need to mention money in any postings. If money is mentioned, the posting will be considered an advertisement and the poster will be banned.

* Trading of patented material is unlawful and is strictly forbidden.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please do not respond to this post, so it will stay at. or near the top of the page. If it slips, please bump it back up.

Currently the link to the actual Special Instructions is a broken one. (I finally reported it, meant to the other day.)

Anyone with any questions concerning the Instructions, feel free to post a question on the Off Topic-Conversations Side of the Exchange Board. The link to Conversations can be found on the main page here, just above the list of Trade Threads

Additionally, if one has nothing to trade, they may want to check out some of the numerous 'offers' of seeds at the Seed Exchange. Look for threads containing SASE, SASBE, BEAP, Newbie, or Free in the Subject of Posting line.

Comments (55)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

The trading forum is really heating up. This slipped to page 2. YIKES!

• atwork
    15 years ago

I'll sure be glad when they get these instructions back like they used to be. Seeing this post every time I check out the seeds and plant swap forums makes me feel bad. I understand that there is some possibly it might help someone to know the rules, but it just seems so "in your face" when it's posted like this. It just doesn't seem friendly or welcoming to me.

15 years ago

I kind of think it seems to be working out a little better this way. It seems that there are fewer new members who post without knowing the 'Special Instructions' anymore.

I'm starting to slowly work on some FAQ at the Seed Exchange. Maybe after I get that done, I could start on a few for this forum...like addressing wanting to trade and not having anything to trade....maybe suggest they watch for the occasional 'plants for postage' offer or checking out the Seed Exchange for seeds for postage offers.

I've often thought it would be nice to have a separate forum for members to 'offer' up plants and seeds. That would have its Pros and Cons though, and I think it has been suggested and talked about b4.

Maybe I'll start another thread with the "Special Instructions", and include a clickable link to the Seed Exchange.

Sue...rbb

• medontdo
    15 years ago

kinda like "free" or sasbe seeds or plants so people didn't have to scroll down these one's here? now that would be awesome!! and if we wanted to get rid of something and didn't want something in exchange that would be the perfect place!! LOL that is if it was what you were talking about! LOL Medo

15 years ago

it was....

• thelwig55
    15 years ago

It is total illegal to ship plants across to Canada if the plant was grown in soil, same Canada to US. The rules are very strict and the plants need a Phlyo. Cert. issued by an nursery
    inspector. Fines can be huge. There are dogs at the borders to detects plant coming into US from Canada and Canada into the US. Just want to warn that bare root is not good enough.

15 years ago

back to page one.............

• mid_tn_mama
    15 years ago

Chemocurl: I think that's a great idea. There were so many generous and lovely people who started me out and now I would like to do the same for new gardeners!

• christie_sw_mo
    15 years ago

I think it's very often heartless and rude when posts are deleted.
    I think a good solution would be to have a separate forum where newbies that have nothing to trade can request plants. I posted in the Suggestions Forum linked below. Please reply to it if you think it's a good idea or if you have any other solutions.
    Note to Newbies - Don't request plants in the Suggestions forum. lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Separate forum for traders with no plants to trade

15 years ago

bump

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Bump

15 years ago

bump>

• annelida
    15 years ago

bump

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Atwork,well said, I couldn't agree more. I think it's a bit much. I definitely would love to see a link for this, maybe up near the conversations link so we don't constantly have to see it but can still be referenced by newbies who may need to review it.

• Baylady
    15 years ago

Can anyone tell me why people who post asking for plants or seeds with nothing to offer in return are still referred to as 'traders'? Should there ever be a forum for that type of posts, couldn't it be just a 'freebies' forum and be for plants and/or seeds?
    LU

15 years ago

Can anyone tell me why people who post asking for plants or seeds with nothing to offer in return are still referred to as 'traders'?

Well, I do not refer to them as traders, but rather members with nothing to trade. I often encourage then to check out the The Seed Exchange and look for threads with SASE SASBE, BEAP (bubble envelope and postage), FREE, or Newbies in the subject lines, where members have excess seeds to offer up for sharing, as opposed to trading. When one has no plants to trade, growing things ffrom seed is a great option....and to then have plants to trade the next season.

15 years ago

bump

15 years ago

bump>

15 years ago

busy today....

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

bump

15 years ago

zip to the top.

• livingdedgrrl
    15 years ago

bump...in the night, too!

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15 years ago

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

15 years ago

bump

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Bump!

15 years ago

bump>

14 years ago

to the top

12 years ago

bump

• teejay2039
    12 years ago

bump

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Page #3??!! No-no-no, I don't think so!!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump...

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump...

• woodthrush
    12 years ago

and grind...

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Woodthrush,...LOL!!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

A big ol' whoppin' BUMP!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Gotta send this puppy back to page #1!

• ms_minnamouse
    12 years ago

Why did some one respond to this when it says not to so it will stay at the top?

12 years ago

Why did some one respond to this when it says not to so it will stay at the top?
    After there are X numbers of new threads started after a post is posted, the 'said' post will start to drop, even if there are no replies.

I'm thinking someone did a test, just for fun, at the Test Forum to see just how many new threads it would take to get a thread to drop even though there are no replies.

There are likely a few examples of this at the Rate and Review Forum...a thread with no replies that has dropped on down the page.

Sue...rbb

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review

• ms_minnamouse
    12 years ago

Oh, I was just curious because I was thinking something like what you described probably happens.

Bump!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Holy criminey,...not page #2 again!? This will never do! - Bump!

12 years ago

bump

• natalie4b
    12 years ago

Bump

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH