Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sun_worshiper

HAVE: Spring Divisions

sun_worshiper
10 years ago

I am moving and dividing plants in my garden and have a number of things to trade:

Hedychium 'Disney'
Lousiana Iris 'Hexagona' and 'Black Gamecock'
Billbergia Windii
Begonia Odorata
Daylilies - Ming Toy, Benny McArthur, and a noid cream with white center
Society Garlic
Orange Crocosmia
Alpinia Purpurata 'Red Dwarf'
White Butterfly Ginger
Gladiolus Calianthus
Costus Spiralis
Ruby Grass (Melinus nerviglumis) Seedlings

I'm looking for these bulbs & tubers:
Atamasco lilies - bulbs or seeds
Blood Lily (Scadoxus multiflorus)
Red Oxblood Lily (Rhodophiala bifida)
White flowering Curcuma alismatifolia
Red Butterfly Ginger (hydechium greenii)
Yellow Butterfly Ginger (Hedychium flavum)

Generally I like most bulbs and tuberous plants that are suitable for central FL.

Comments (13)

• wispfox
    10 years ago

Ooooh. I would _love_ a louisiana iris 'Black Gamecock.

I do not have anything you listed specifically.

I do, however, have some oxalis with purple leaves and pinkish flowers that I could send you a few corms of.

Not sure if you like pickerel weed, nor if you already have some (a quick check shows it's native to florida). I have lots of that, even after sending a bunch out. :)

I have water lilies tubers, but I'm not sure if they are white or pink (nor am I sure if you would want them).

That's all I can easily think of that fits your criteria. *hopeful*

• elliesfun
    10 years ago

I would love some Black Gamecock iris and society Garlic. I don't have anything on your list since our growing zone is 4B-5 so its too cold here for those types of plants. But I have Tropicanna canna, ajula Mahgonany, calla lilies, day lilies and sedums. LMK if any interest.

• sun_worshiper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wispfox, thanks for the interest, but I don't have any place appropriate for bog plants. Water lilies are so pretty, lucky you can grow them. And I already have oxalis.

Farmergirl, the society garlic has been claimed already. What color are your callas? The others you have offered I either have already, or they do not do well in my zone.

A few other things I thought of that I'm looking for
    Habranthus robustus
    Arum italicum
    Freesia alba
    Matchstick bromeliads

• elliesfun
    10 years ago

When I dug the callas last fall I didn't mark which pot was which...they are either yellow or white.

• wispfox
    10 years ago

hi again!

if you are interested in a bulb or two of gladiolus (i should have an extra of bluebird, atom, and one other (white goddess, maybe?).

i also just dug up an annoyingly placed white lily which turned out to be three adult bulbs, and at least five bulblets. it's pretty, but in my way in a major way. and i have many more. :)

just thought I'd check!

• sun_worshiper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Farmergirl, thanks, but I already have both white and yellow, am looking for purples.

Whispfox, neither of those do very well here, they are essentially annuals.

Thanks both of you for your interest, turns out I might have too many plants for it to be easy to find trades. Ah well, that's a good problem=)

• keiki
    10 years ago

I am interested in your black gamecock iris and ruby grass. Is the grass invasive? It is so pretty looking. I have aechmea gamosepala aka matchstick brom, hedychium kewense, hedychium elizabeth and possibly some oxblood lilies. Email me if interested.

• sun_worshiper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Keiki. Your gardenweb email seems to be turned off. Try sending me an email and I'll reply. I'm interested in trading for the oxbloods lilies and the matchstick brom. The ruby grass can be invasive. It is a bit finicky, and doesn't like the wet of FL summer. I have been successful by planting it in the root competition zone of my oak tree where it is dry enough to make it through summer. And while it says that the seed is not viable, it absolutely is. I can't intentionally plant it successfully, lol, but seedlings pop up all over. So be warned, if it is happy, it will self seed. About the same rate as white fountain grass. I like it enough to go around pulling seedlings periodically...

Angela

• keiki
    10 years ago

Oh my! I'm sorry I didnt check back here. My email addy is ladygardener1 at comcast dot com. I have problems with gw email. Sometimes it works sometimes not so much. I guess the ruby glass isnt for me but I would still love to trade for the black iris. My oxblood is still dormant, want to trade for the matchstick bromeliad? I can send multiples.

• gagalzone8
    10 years ago

Interested in the butterfly ginger! I have tons of spider lilies (red) and blue with yellow Japenese Iris. Love to hear from you!

• gardengoddesszone9
    10 years ago

Hi there. I'd like to get some daylillies if you still have them. Please check my list and see if there's anything you'd like for trade. I also have a large patch of Crocosmia, that have never bloomed for me.

• sun_worshiper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gardengoddess, the daylilies have already found new homes. Thanks for responding though. Nice to know other people in my area. Curious that your crocosmia doesn't bloom. Mine blooms well and attracts hummingbirds, but it multiplies so rapidly here I always have too much!

• sun_worshiper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Judy, you don't have your email turned on so I can't reply to your email. Hopefully you'll check back here. Is the white giant spider lily you have a form of crinum or hymenocallis? And can the cahaba lily grow in regular garden soil? A google search indicates it needs to grow in running water. How is yours growing?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting