Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Tea trade/swap

Posted by master.gardener.c 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 19:36

I am looking to put in a tea garden for a non-profit and need more plants "herbs" that can be used for making tea's.
I have....

Apple Mint
Chocolate Mint
Want other mints that will grow well in zone 5 (VT) without dieing after a season. Will trade what I have for what you have but want to set a size standard for trade as the last trade I did I gave a huge plant and in return got a small root! Will also trade for other tea herbs as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Tea trade/swap

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 21:04

I have alot of apple mint. If you pay me postage, I will be happy to send you the apple mint, and two other mints that I grow but I do not know their names. Can take a picture of them and let you see what they look like if you want them as well.

o
RE: WANTED: Tea trade/swap

I've got spearmint I'd be happy to dig up some rhizomes of. Also a fun Southeast native mint called mint Charlie (Clinopodium brownei), which is great for strong mint teas, but would have to be brought inside for the winter (it's pretty easy to keep alive inside, though). The latter is great for containers without drainage or a wet part of the garden because you can't over-water it.

Would be interested in your chocolate mint for my spearmint, and/or any other herbs you might have (I have apple mint already) for the mint Charlie. I wouldn't ask for large starts of anything�"as I'm sure you know, once you have a bit of mint, you'll quickly have a TON of mint�"but I'll happily offer as many roots as I can dig up of the spearmint, and a reasonable portion of the Charlie (the latter would be cuttings rather than rhizomes, as it's not a rhizomatous like Mentha species�"the cuttings are supremely easy to root, just stick the stems into wet dirt and give it awhile).

Shoot me an email at asukawashere@yahoo.com if you're interested. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here