Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
infiniteohms

WANTED: Unusual Berries (Honeyberry, Seaberry, Goji, Goumi etc)

infiniteohms
9 years ago

I am looking for named (but non-patented) cultivars of unusual berry type fruits, especially:
-Honeyberry / Haskap - Lonicera spp.
-Seaberry - Hippophae rhamnoides
-Goji - Lycium barbarum and Lycium chinense
-Goumi - Eleagnus multiflora (already have "red gem" and "sweet scarlet)
-Amelanchier Spp.
-Bush Cherries (prunus crosses)

Zone 5 hardy is a must. I have lots to trade, just check my list.

Comments (14)

• princessgrace79
    9 years ago

It's not on your list, but I have quite a lot of salmonberry. I also have marionberries but I don't think they will grow colder than zone 7.

• infiniteohms
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Still looking.

• electron2582
    8 years ago

Sorry i do not any berries from your list. I was wondering if you could send me a couple cutting from you sweet scarlet goumi.
    I just ordered an issai hardy kiwi and a Regent Juneberry.

• infiniteohms
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sadly, my sweet scarlet goumi was destroyed by voles this winter :( , it seems to be suckering back from the roots, but it will be a few years before I can take cuttings.

• electron2582
    8 years ago

If you ever get some extra suckers from it and willing to get rid of any please keep me in mind. By the way I think that I set you a message on davesgarden.com a couple days ago also. Thanks

• Kim
    8 years ago

I have Amelanchier alnifolia. Kim.lamora@gmail.com

• electron2582
    8 years ago

I ordered 2 Amelanchier alnifolia a couple of days ago. I wanted to get a sweet scarlet goumi but about every where i looked was out of stock.

• Charlie
    8 years ago

I have 4 gojiberry bushes that I have rooted in pots. I would like to trade them for a passion fruit vine or a jujube tree other than sherwood; I do not see those on your list. If interested email me at ctboring@yahoo.com.

• infiniteohms
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks for the offer Charlie, but I am all set with Goji now. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit my original post?

• Josh Keeton
    8 years ago

Any Haskap/Honeyberry cuttings available anywhere guys?

• Josh Keeton
    8 years ago

Also infinateohms, do you have hardy kiwi cuttings available?

• Charlie
    8 years ago

I do had anna hardy kiwi cuttings (hard wood). The hardwood cuttings are hard to root, but I have done it before. Soft wood cuttings are much easier to root. I can procide hardwood cuttings as soon as the snow allows me to take them or I can provide soft wood cuttings in June. I have two honeyberry plants that are small. I have not taken any cuttings yet. Any cuttings I take this year would be small.

• ndev0524 Nick
    8 years ago

The school I go to has been doing experiments with honeyberry cuttings and has found that they root really well but have a hard time transitioning to being planted out in the field from the pots. Just a head ups to maybe provide some extra care during that phase.

• atl_veggie
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

may I please jump the bandwaggon?
    I too am looking for bushes, small trees and vines, anything with berries on, preferably edible, if they only feed my greedy birds, fine too

since I am fairly new to this I do not have many varieties to trade, the ususal goji, 4 different kiwi but no idea which is which *blush*, euro hazlenut, nameless highbush blueberries that produce like crazy, pinapple guava, euro plum, maypop, Ponticirus Trifoliata, ... 47+ varieties of Tomato seed ... the usual
    edit: yacon, forgot, I have quite some yacon plants