Return to the Plant Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Heirloom & Old Garden Rose Cuttings

Posted by cottage_garden Z10 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 23:07

I've cut back several of my old garden and heirloom roses and will happily trade them for other cuttings. The cuttings I send are a variety and will be a combination of what I have listed. I did not label them before potting them up so I have no idea which is which. For each trade, it is my request we trade a minimum of 6 cuttings per trade.

Feel free to offer cuttings of something other than roses like interesting and fragrant vines, unusual and pretty plants - oh, whatever you think might be of interest.

Here's a list of the roses:

Clotide Soupert, cl
Souvenir de la Malmaison, cl
IIse Krohn Superior
Mermaid
Sombreuil
Spectra
Pinkie, cl
Cecille Brunner, cl
Cabbage Rose
Green
Summer's Kiss
Alba Meidiland
Alchymist
Baronne Prevost
Belle Story
Blush Hip
Bougainville
Bow Bells
Cameo Perfume
Celtic Pride
Cornelia
Crocus Rose
Crystal Fairy
Duchess of Portland
Galway Bay
Golden Gate
Geoff Hamilton
Green Snake
Highfield
Honor Elizabeth
Jacques Cartier
Jasmina
John Cabot
John Clare
La Reine
Lavender Lassie
Loverr's Blush
Lyda rose
Mary Magdalene
Miss Dior
MME Alfred Carrier
MME William Paul
Outta the Blue
Prairie Sunrise
Pretty in Pink
Radio Times
Raspberry Ruffles
Seafoam
St. Swithun
The Alnwick Rose
The Fawn
The Soham Rose
Wisley
Wenlock
Marchesa Boccel
La Biche, cl
Kronprincessin Viktoria
Duchesse de Brabant
Ballerina
Antoine Rivoire
Alister Stell, cl
America, cl
Don Juan, cl
Joseph's Coat, cl
Brilliant Pink Iceberg
Iceberg
Iceberg, cl
French Lace
Fragrant Lavender
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth, cl
White Lady Banks, cl
Yellow Lady Banks, cl
Alba, cl
John Kennendy
Lagerfeld

**'cl' denotes CLIMBER and the growth habit for that rose is a climbing habit**

What will I do with the cuttings if I don't trade them? Of course I'll keep them rooted and add them to another part of the garden (much to my gardener's disappointment!).

There are a couple of old-time hybrid teas in this mix as I cut a couple of large branches from John Kennedy and a couple of others.

Again, let me reiterate, trades will be a combination of the above noted and the cuttings will not come with a label. If you are interested in trading for specific roses, please contact me at a later date.

Please post here so I know you've expressed an interest. Unfortunately, sometimes valid messages (have never received a straight answer on why this happens) are filtered into the junk mail folder but I don't always catch the messages before the system disposes of them.

I will close the thread when all the cuttings have been traded.

Thanks much for looking!

Julie

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade List

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Heirloom & Old Garden Rose Cuttings

I am interested in Mermaid and White Lady Banks. I can send cuttings from Variegata de Bologna, Shrub Rose Golden Zest and/or cuttings from an unidentified pale pink Moss Rose from an old rose I found at a cemetery years ago if you are interested in trading.
Thank you for your time,
Alana

o

Contact me later about trading for specific roses.

o

Rookie mistake, no excuses, lol.

o

Honestly, not a big deal at all. Love roses and would love to trade for specific varieties later. Just want to make sure this batch that's currently available makes it to good homes.

Thanks!

o

Thank you for you offer. I am new to this forum, but have been on Gardenweb for several years. I would love to trade cuttings for any cuttings of your roses that would grow in hot weather. It reaches the triple digits here sometimes in the summer. I have planted trees to make it more comfortable for the roses in the extreme heat. I don't have many rose cuttings, I've been waiting to add those to my garden. I do have a miniature red rose, a David Austin St. Cecilia rose, and a miniature rose with orange blooms that are medium sized. I'm sorry it doesn't have a tag;I bought it through the Penny Saver. Other plants I can trade include: perwinkle, purple irises, aloe vera, strawberry runners, cherry red geraniums, purple geraniums, dusty miller, and some pretty conifers that would probably root. I also have lots of vegetable seeds:heirloom zucchini, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, and Cinderella pumpkins. Later in the season I will have lots of hollyhock seeds. They look beautiful in with the roses!

Please let me know, and I will get these off to you in the mail,

Stephenie

o

I forgot to mention but please make sure your settings permit me to contact you directly.

Thanks!

o

Julie,

I'm sorry, but my settings are old and I can't figure out how to update them. My email address is balletstef@att.net. The email address listed on the Gardenweb page is old, and I no longer have it. I am in Canyon Country, CA.

Thanks,
Stephenie

o

Just updated my settings, but the page is still reverting to my old email address. I'm not sure why. I entered it twice and no luck...

o

cattage_garden I would like to have these rose cuttings.

Spectra
Climbing Pinkie
Summer's Kiss
Crystal Fairy
Radio Times
Raspberry Ruffles
Brilliant Pink Iceberg
French Lace
Fragrant Lavender
Lagerfeld

Please take a look at my trade list and let me know if you want to trade. Thanks Brenda

o

Thanks but please read the posting before responding.

1. The list of what I'll send is a combination of what's available since NONE of the cuttings are labeled.

2. If you want to trade for specific roses, awesome, just contact me later.

o

Thanks to every who responded. All the cuttings are now spoken for.

Thanks again!

Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Plant Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here